Chapter 9

"Baby, c'mon. I know you still love me. It's just taking you a while to realize that. And don't worry because I love you, too. I want us to be happy together and get married." He said and my heart wrenched. I felt tears well up in my eyes.

"Are you fucking kidding me, Trevor?! How dare you think that everything can go back to the way it was. You ruined that! You ruined everything we had! I did love you, yes, but not anymore, because you betrayed me, you lied to me, you cheated on me, you used me! I will never forgive you for that!" I growled.

"C'mon Kalleah, please. I'm—."

"Lose my fucking number, Trevor!" I growled and hung up.

Kalleah's POV

I sighed deeply, blocking his number immediately

I felt the tears finally roll down my cheeks. god, I hate him so much. He makes me feel so fucking weak, I swear.

"Kalleah?" I heard a voice call my name and I quickly wiped my tears away.

"Yea?" I turned around to see Derek with a worried expression on his face.

"Are you ok? Who was that?" He asked me.

"No one important. It was just a sales guy." I told him.

"At this time?" He asked and I nodded, starting to walk away, but he grabbed my arm.

"Kalleah, believe it or not, I know you well enough to be able to tell when you're lying. And you're really bad at it, too." He said and I sighed.

"The guys and I could hear you screaming from the living room. What happened?" He asked again and I just looked at him. "C'mon, sit down and talk to me. I'll listen, I promise." He said and I shook my head.

"Derek, it's not a big deal, ok? I just wanna go to bed. Please just let me go." I pleaded with him.

"No. Not until I know what's wrong. This is obviously bothering you and I want to know so I can help." He refused and I sighed, giving in.

We sat down on the chair.

"Who was on the phone?" Derek asked me immediately.

"It was Trevor." I mumbled.

"And what did he want?" He asked again, getting slightly pissed off. Obviously you can tell he hates Trevor.

"He wanted to get back together. And he started saying that he missed me and he still loved me and shit." I said.

"Well, you said no, right?" Derek questioned.

"Obviously." I rolled my eyes. "But I don't know. Maybe he's being sincere and telling the truth?" I asked more than said, then I groaned.

"It's like, what we had was just a joke to him, you know? He wanted to 'pick up where we left off' like are you kidding me?!" I looked at Derek and he nodded slowly.

"Like does he really expect me to forget all the shit he put me through? He had me questioning my worth. If I was good enough for anything or anyone. I fucking hated myself for not being able to make him happy enough to stay loyal to me. I felt that it was my fault that he cheated." I continued.

"Woah, Kalleah. You do realize it's not your fault right? He's just an asshole who takes the good things in his life for granted. He doesn't know how to appreciate what he has." Derek said and I sighed, feeling more tears roll down my cheeks.

"He told me he still wants to get married. I don't know how to feel about that. Like why would he say that to me after all this time of no communication. He didn't even try to make an effort to win me back. What if we didn't see each other that night? Would he have even thought about calling me to tell me this?!" I sobbed and Derek pulled me into a tight hug.

I cried into his shoulder, clinging on to him like a scared little girl. He's such a great guy, I swear. I appreciate the fact that he actually sat there and listened to me rant about my ex. No guy would ever take the time to listen to my issues.

"What if I'm not good enough for anybody? Am I that much of a bad person?"

"Hell no, Kalleah! Don't ever say that. Ever. You're one of the greatest people I know. You are good enough. Do you know how many guys would kill to even know you? You're such a kind, sweet, and beautiful girl. Any guy would be lucky to call you theirs." He narrowed his eyes at me and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Trevor has no idea what he's missing, so jokes on him. He's only calling you and shit because he realized that he made the stupidest mistake of his life by losing you. And I'm glad he did, because I got to meet you." Derek said and I giggled.

"Thanks Derek. You're the best." I smiled and hugged him even tighter. I felt him kiss my head.

"Well, I think you need a day off. I'll make tomorrow an unforgettable day so that you can forget this bullshit. We can invite Sam, Nate, and Andy too if you want." He suggested.

"I don't know, Derek. You know we have classes tomorrow." I said.

"Actually, no we don't. Tomorrow's Thursday. We don't have classes on Thursdays and Fridays, remember?" He said.

"Oh right, right." I nodded. "But I have work." I remembered.

"Then call in sick." He said and I shook my head.

"I can't do that."

"Sure you can. So what do you say?" He asked again.

"I appreciate you doing this Derek, but—."

"I'm not taking no as an answer, Kalleah." He cut me off and I rolled my eyes.

"I'll think about it." I said.

"Great, I'll wake you up at 6:30 sharp." He said and got up.

"Hold on a minute, Derek. I didn't even say yes." I called after him, but he ignored me and walked away. "I hate you!" I yelled at him.

"Yea, ok! Sure!" He yelled back and I rolled my eyes. This boy drives me crazy.