Chapter 32

I can't let Derek see me like this. If he knows what happened, he's not gonna look at me the same. He'll think I'm a slut for letting this happen and he'll break up with me.

I decided to take a long shower. I cried even more, feeling so worthless and disgusted with myself. It's my fault this happened. Why didn't I stop him? Why did I let him do this to me?

I can't tell anyone because he threatened to kill me. If he was capable of doing this to me, he can do much worse and I didn't wanna find out.

About 2 days later...

Derek's POV

I walked into the house, just coming back from an early morning run

I walked into the house, just coming back from an early morning run. I just wanted to get in the shower.

I made my way upstairs to me and Kalleah's room. There was Kalleah, asleep on our bed. I sighed.

She's been like this for like 2 days. I don't know why she's so upset. Usually, there's a small smile on her face when she's sleeping, but now, she looked like she'd been crying nonstop. Her cheeks were stained with tears and her face looked a little swollen.

She doesn't even wanna have sex with me. Every time I would touch her when I was in the mood, she'd flinch away from me and tell me not to touch her.

"Baby." I called her and she gasped, sitting up abruptly. Huh?

As soon as she saw my face, she relaxed a little, but still looked a little startled. Her eyes were red.

"Hey, baby, are you ok? You look upset."

"I'm fine. N-Nothing's wrong. Everything's g-great." She stuttered, sounding like she was about to burst into tears again. I knew instantly she was lying. Something really bad must've happened because she usually tells me everything.

"Don't lie to me, Kalleah. You know you're terrible at it. Just tell me what's wrong." I sighed. I've been asking her about this since yesterday and she keeps saying she's fine. Of course I don't believe her, but I let it go, but enough is enough.

"I can't tell you, Derek. I want to, but I can't." She whispered.

"Why?" I questioned, getting frustrated with her behavior.

"I can't, ok? So just drop it." She snapped at me, taking the comforters and covering her face.

"Kalleah, fuck, c'mon. Talk to me. Stop being a baby." I groaned, pulling the comforters off of her, making her shriek. I noticed a bunch of dark marks and bruises all over her body, making me raise an eyebrow.

"Kalleah." I said her name, making her look at me, tears in her eyes. "Who did that to you?" I questioned, but she didn't answer me. "Lemme see them." I said and she shook her head.

"I'm fine, ok. I just fell." She answered.

"Kalleah, that's complete bullshit. If you fell, you wouldn't have these marks all over your chest and neck. What happened?" I asked her.

"I can't tell you, ok? I can't." She broke down into tears.

"What are you talking about? Why can't you tell me what happened?" I questioned and she shook her head. "Baby, tell me." I urged her.

"S-Stephen." She answered, making me look at her in disbelief.

"Stephen did this to you?" I questioned.

"He r-raped me, Derek." She sobbed, making my eyes go wide.

"What? When did this happen? Why didn't you tell me?" I questioned, wrapping my arms around her gently, holding her as she gripped onto me and cried her heart out.

"2 days ago, I woke up and you weren't in the bed with me. S-so I decided to go to the pool. A-and he was watching me. I tried, Derek. You have to believe me. I tried to get away, but he didn't l-listen to me. This is all my fault. I knew that outfit was too r-revealing. I shouldn't have worn it." She sobbed.

I'm gonna kill that guy, I swear. How dare he think he can take advantage of my baby like that and make her think that it was her fault. I knew there was something off about him, I just didn't know what. I won't let my mom marry that psycho.

"Derek, I wanna go back home. Please. I don't wanna stay here. I don't think I'll be able to look your mom in the face anymore. I can't let him see me or he'll hurt me. Derek, don't tell anyone, please." She sobbed again.

"Baby, we're going to the police, ok? This guy can not get away with what he did to you. And I sure as hell won't let him marry my mom so that he can do the same thing to her."

"Derek, no. I can't."

"Baby, you have to."

"I said I can't Derek! I won't and I can't! I just can't!" She screamed at me, breaking down even more. Our bedroom door opened, revealing my mom.

"What's going on in here?" Mom looked extremely worried when she saw Kalleah.

"Nothing. Everything's good." Kalleah sniffled, wiping her tears.

"Don't lie to me Kalleah. You're terrible at that. What's wrong?" Mom questioned coming over and pulling her into a hug. Kalleah winced, pulling away and crying harder.

"Kalleah, oh my god. What happened to you? You're bruised and have scars everywhere." My mom gasped, then she turned to me.

"What the hell?! Did you do this to her, Derek?" She questioned, slightly raising her voice at me.

"C'mon mom. Are you serious? Of course not. I would never do that to her." I shook my head.

"Sweetie, who did this to you?" She asked her. Kalleah shook her head. She was shivering so much. I couldn't even imagine what was going on inside her head right now.

"It was Stephen, mom." I said and my mom's eyes widened.

"What?" She gasped.

"He raped her." I answered and she looked at Kalleah, then at me.

"When, Kalleah? When did this happen? Why didn't you say anything?" She questioned and Kalleah just sobbed all over again.

"2 days ago. H-he said he'll k-kill me if I t-told anyone." She managed to say before choking on another sob.

"Mom, I'm gonna kill him. I'm gonna fucking kill him!!" I growled, the anger finally making its way out of me.

"Derek no. You need to calm down, ok?"

"Calm down?! Mom, he raped my girlfriend!! And he threatened to fucking kill her!!" I growled at my mom, making her frown.

"Derek." She said sternly. "I'm gonna talk to him, ok?" She said and I looked at her in disbelief.

"You're fucking joking, right?!" I questioned and she sighed. "Do you really think talking is gonna do anything? What if he does this to you? Or Delaney? Or Stassie and Ana?"

"We're gonna go to the police, Kalleah, ok?" Mom said and Kalleah's eyes widened again.

"No, I can't go. Don't make me go." She shook her head rapidly.

"Kalleah, you have to. He's gonna get away with it if you don't say anything. You have to. It's the only way." I told her and she just looked at me, fear in her eyes. "I'll be there with you, ok? You don't have to do this alone." I said.

"Really? You promise?" She questioned and I nodded.

"I promise, baby. He's gonna regret ever laying a hand on you." I told her and she relaxed a little with a small nod. She pecked my lips, but I didn't kiss her back because I didn't wanna make her uncomfortable. "Ok, get dressed and let's go." I told her and she obeyed silently.