Chapter 6

"Andy couldn't make it so she asked me to get you." He said.

"Oh ok. Thank you." I thanked him. "Did she tell you where she went? I've been calling her, but she hasn't been picking up." I asked as we got into the car.

Kalleah's POV

"Nah, she won't talk to me

"Nah, she won't talk to me. She just texted me to pick you up." He answered. "By the way, I'm sorry about Sam and Nate. They don't usually act like that." Derek apologized on behalf of his friends as he drove down the street.

"Oh, I know. They're actually pretty cool, but they can get out of control sometimes." I answered.

"Wait, you know Sam and Nate?" Derek asked.

"Yea, I go to college with them. They're in pretty much all my classes. We're kind of friends. " I told him.

"Oh, what college do you go to?"

"UCLA. I'm a sophomore. The dorms were really expensive so me and Andy got the apartment together."

"Oooh shit. That's where I know you from. You looked really familiar. I just wasn't sure."

"Really? I've never seen you before. Like ever." I answered, looking at him.

"Uh huh. Believe it or not, we had literally only one conversation. Like last year. Remember that huge frat party? The one where everyone was saying it was the best party of the year?"

"The end of the year party?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yea, I was like really drunk and I was trying to hook up with you." He said and I raised an eyebrow because I had to think about it. Then, my eyes widened.

"Ooooh, I remember. Oh god." I groaned and laughed. It was terrible.

"Yea, not my proudest moment. Trust me, I regretted it." He said and I grabbed my water from my bag and started to drink it. "I'm kinda glad you didn't sleep with me. If I ever fuck you, I want to be sober." He said, making me choke on my water. Oh my god.

"Derek, what the fuck!" I gasped and he just laughed. "Quit fucking around, it's not funny. You can't be saying those things. You're dating my best friend." I scolded him and he shrugged.

"It's not like I'm cheating on her." He said.

"Saying those things usually leads to that." I told him and he rolled his eyes.

"Whatever. Anyway, you wanna do something?" He asked me and I shook my head.

"Nah, I'm super tired. It's been a long day." I declined and he nodded.
————

After my shower, I made my way to the kitchen. As I walked, I put my hair up into a messy bun. As soon as I got into the kitchen, I saw Derek in just a towel, which was hanging dangerously low on his hips.