Chapter 48

Derek's POV

So many thoughts were racing through my mind

So many thoughts were racing through my mind. I love Kalleah so much. I will do anything to have her forgive me and be with me again. What we had together was special.

She's the first girl I've fallen in love with, well besides Andy, but I fucking hate her now. I'm glad I met Kalleah, because if not, I would've been stuck with that cheating, ungrateful, manipulative bitch.

She told me that she needed time to think about being my girlfriend again. What if she doesn't want me, but Zion? What does she even see in that guy anyway?

I know I fucked up with Kalleah. When I saw her, she looked so pissed at me. She really wanted nothing to do with me. I don't blame her though. I broke her heart.

But I thought that after last night, she'd forgive me and we could start over and build a better relationship. Go back to when we loved each other and there were no problems.

I opened the door to my apartment.

"Where the hell were you last night, Derek?" Andy questioned me immediately, which caught me by surprise and scared me.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? You fucking scared me." I rolled my eyes.

"Where did you go?" She questioned again.

"Out." I answered monotonously.

"Obviously, dumbass. Out where?" She asked once again.

"Does it matter? I'm here now, aren't I?" I rolled my eyes.

"Where did you go, Derek?" She repeated.

"Fuck off, Andy." I told her.

"Don't fucking forget about what I told you little boy." She growled at me and I gave her a look.

Out of nowhere, something came over me. I was done with her. Done with her manipulation, done with her threats, I'm just done. She made me feel so guilty because of one mistake and she's been holding it over my head ever since that night.

"I'm done, Andy. I'm fucking done with your bullshit. You've been blackmailing me and manipulating me for so long. I'm done playing your fucking games." I told her and she just laughed at me.

"You're really gonna do this again, babe? C'mon. You know I'll tell Kalleah everything if you try it again. This is your second and final warning." She growled.

"I'm not scared of you, Andy. She already knows so pack your shit and get the fuck out." I told her and her eyes widened.

"Oh! So you were with her last night." She growled, balling her fists.

"And so what if I was? You can't stop me from fucking seeing her." I said.

"Wow. So you finally grew some balls and became a man, huh?" She questioned and I glared at her.

"Fine. I'll go. Just know, I've been playing you. This baby isn't yours at all. The baby daddy is one of the men I've been cheating on you with and he was on a business trip for the past few months and will be coming back soon. You were just my entertainment." She said and I swear my heart stopped.

"The baby isn't mine?"

"No, Derek. Are you dumb or something? We used protection that night. Of course you wouldn't remember because you were shitfaced." She said and a huge wave of relief washed over me. But I was also angry because then I wouldn't have had to leave Kalleah.

"Whatever, Andy. You're a fucking hoe. Get the fuck out."

"Fine." She rolled her eyes and went to go get her things.
———

I slammed the door after she left and ran a hand through my hair. I wasted three months with her just so I could keep a secret from Kalleah.

I really regret letting Andy blackmail me. I should've just been honest with Kalleah. Yea she would've hated me, but at least she would've known the truth.
———

Kalleah's POV

I was barely paying attention to the movie

I was barely paying attention to the movie. All I could think about is how I betrayed Zion. He's done so much for me these past few months. He doesn't deserve this shit.

"Kalleah, what is wrong with you, bruh?" Sammy groaned, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Nothing, I'm fine." I mumbled, just staring into space and playing with my nails.

"Kalleah, girl, c'mon. Stop worrying so much." Nate groaned.

"It's not that easy, Nate. This shit is eating me alive." I groaned.

"You'll be fine, ok? Calm down, please." Sammy took my hand in his. He used his thumb to rub the top of my hand, which calmed me down a little. I took deep breaths, closing my eyes and sighing.

"I'm sorry, guys." I apologized, feeling tears roll down my cheeks.

"Kalleah, no. You don't need to cry at all, ok?" Nate sighed.

"I feel guilty. It hurts, Nate. It hurts so bad. The shit I do for that asshole." I sobbed.

"Wait, do you still love him?" Sammy asked me.

"Zion or Derek?" I sniffled.

"Well both."

"I love them both, Sammy. Which is so bad. If I choose one of them, the other will be heartbroken and I don't want that." I shook my head.

I pulled my hands away from Sammy's and put my face in my hands, crying. This is so stressful. How the hell did I manage to be in love with two guys who I'm pretty sure don't even like each other?

"I don't wanna break Zion's heart, guys. I don't. But I also don't wanna keep this a secret from him. I don't think I could live with myself if I do. I don't know what to do and it scares me." I sighed.

"Damn, we're really bad at handling girl issues." Nate sighed, making me laugh.

"You'll be ok, Kalleah. Just know that. I know it's hard now, but it'll get easier. It always does. You've been through too much to be stressing over shit like this. It's not good for the baby." Sammy said and I sighed.

He was right. I don't wanna put stress on my baby girl just because of this. I pulled him in for a hug.

"Thanks guys. I really can't ask for better best friends." I said and I felt a kiss on my head.

"Of course, K." Sammy said.

"You want some icecream?" Nate asked and I nodded, cuddling into Sammy. "What kind do you want?" He asked again.

"Cookies n cream." I mumbled, feeling extremely sleepy.