Chapter 26

"Ok, I'll be done by around 10 so I'll pick you up from work and we'll do something, ok?" I suggested.

"Yea, ok. That works." She agreed. "Are we still going in that date?" She asked me and I looked at her like she was crazy.

"Why wouldn't we still go?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Well, I thought you were m—."

"Yes, we're still going, ok?" I interrupted her and she nodded. "I have to go. I'll see you." I said and left her apartment.

A few weeks later...

Kalleah's POV

The past few weeks have been so amazing

The past few weeks have been so amazing. Derek has been the best guy any girl could ask for. And his skills in bed never cease to amaze me. He's everything I could've ever imagined and more.

I'm glad he finally confessed his feelings for me. I've been waiting for such a long time. I was relieved that he ended things with Andy. Yea, she's my best friend, but she wasn't faithful to him. Clearly, she didn't want him.

I haven't heard from Andy since that night we were all in my room. But, one night, I came home from work and all of her things were gone.

It angered me because she just left without saying anything, but I guess there's nothing I can do. She's living it up with her rich boyfriend so whatever. I guess money is more important to her than our friendship.

Anyway, it was almost 8 and I was waiting for Derek to come and pick me up. I was a little nervous because what if he didn't come. What if he lied about wanting to take me on a date just to humiliate me.

My phone started ringing and I saw that it was Derek. I picked up immediately.

"Hey, Derek." I answered.

"Hey, Kalleah. I can't make it tonight, is it ok if we do this another time? Something important came up." He said and I sighed.

"Yea, it's fine. Don't worry." I felt my voice break a little.

"Kalleah..."

"It's fine, ok? I just got a call from my boss saying that I gotta cover a shift tonight." I lied.

"Oh ok, then I guess tonight wasn't a good night." He answered.

"Yea." I felt tears roll down my cheeks.

"Derek, are you coming? Who are you talking to?" I heard a female ask in the background. I instantly knew who it was.

"Is that Delaney?" I asked him.

"Oh yeah. We gotta meet with our mom soon. She says it's important." He said.

"Ok, tell Delaney and your mom I said 'hi'." I said.