Chapter 34

"Are you serious right now?! You have no idea how I'm feeling or what's going through my fucking head right now and you're over here screaming at me. Don't you think I wanted to fucking tell you, Derek?! I wanted to tell you so bad, but he threatened to make me suffer and maybe even kill me! How am I supposed to just tell you that?! I feel so ashamed for not being able to fight harder, for not just getting out of there faster, for even being there in the first place! I feel so scared for my life. I don't think I'll ever be able to forget about this. This shit will haunt me for the rest of my fucking life!" I screamed at him and his whole expression softened.

"I-I'm sorry, Kalleah. I'm so sorry." He apologized, sitting down and hugging me. I pulling him closer, crying even more. "Baby, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you, ok? Please don't cry." He cooed, kissing my head.

I didn't say a thing. I just cried. I cried my heart out. I felt so terrible and I was so weak. I didn't know what else to do. I just clung onto Derek as he comforted me, kissing my head repeatedly.

About a year later...

Kalleah's POV

"The jury finds the defendant guilty of sexual assault, rape, and threatening the plaintiff's life

"The jury finds the defendant guilty of sexual assault, rape, and threatening the plaintiff's life. We also find the defendant guilty of other accounts of sexual assault and rape and also several accounts of murder of the first and second degree." The woman said and I finally let the tears of relief fall.

We've been in court with this for months. Even when I thought we weren't gonna win this trial, we did and I couldn't be more relieved.

"The defendant will face life in prison with no bail or parole. The plaintiff will be awarded $1,500,000 for pain and suffering. The court is adjourned." The judge said and hit his gavel onto the podium.

I was so relieved and I felt a huge weight being lifted off my shoulders. I watched as the officers grabbed Stephen and put him in handcuffs.

As they walked him out, he sent me a death glare, which didn't faze me like it should have. I'm glad he's finally going to jail for his horrible crimes.

He's been found guilty for every single crime he's ever committed and I couldn't be more grateful. I turned around to see Derek walking towards me and engulfing into a tight hug.

I kissed him and he kissed me back briefly, pulling away, then lifting me and spinning me around.
———

A month later...

"I think I've tortured you enough, babe. Don't you think?" I asked Derek as we were watching a movie on Netflix.

"Huh? What are you talking about?" He asked, not even looking at me, but still at the TV.

"We haven't had sex in more than a year." I said and he turned to me with an eyebrow raised.

"Babe..." He warned me, looking uneasy.