Chapter 37

About a week later...

Kalleah's POV

"Surprise!!" I squealed as Aaliyah opened the door, making her gasp and squeal, too

"I missed youuuu!" She exclaimed, throwing her arms around me.

"I missed you, too." I said and hugged her back even tighter.

"Hey Derek." She greeted and hugged him, too.

"Hey Aaliyah." He said as they pulled apart.

"Where's my baby?!" I yelled, then heard squealing.

"Auntieee!" I heard Myles scream and out of nowhere, he came out from a corner and jumped into my arms. I lifted him up and spun him around, causing him to squeal in happiness.

"How are you, sweetie? I missed you." I told him as I carried him to the couch and sat him on my lap. I missed this little boy so much, I swear.

"I'm good auntie, I missed you sooooo much." He said and I gushed, kissing his head.

"How's school?"

"I don't wanna go back. I don't like it." He pouted.

"Awww, buddy. School's not always gonna be fun. You just have to keep working hard. That's what me, your mom, your dad, and uncle Derek did." I told him.

"Really?" He asked me.

"Yes, you know I'd never lie to you, Myles." I told him and he smiled.

"I love you, auntie." He said and hugged me and I hugged him back.

"I love you, more." I mumbled.
———

"So, how have you two been?" Aaliyah asked as all three of us sat down, drinking wine. Well, I had champagne because I didn't like wine. Myles was on the floor playing with his toys.

"Really good." I answered and Derek smiled at me, wrapping his arms around me and kissing my cheek.

"How's it been? You know, after what happened with that guy?" Aaliyah questioned.

"He's been found guilty of all his crimes and they put him in jail for life with no bail. And Kalleah got $1,500,000." Derek told her and she gasped.

"Is that where you got the money from?" Ali asked and I nodded. "You could've at least just given me half. But you basically gave me 80% of it." She said.

"Well, you needed it more than I did." I said and she sighed.

"You're the best Kally. Thank you." She thanked me and hugged.

"The place looks good." I told her.

"I know. I'm glad I could finally get out of that dump."

"Yea. It's better for you and Myles to be here. Where you guys were before wasn't safe." Derek said and we all agreed.