FIFTEEN

FIFTEEN

Kylee followed Stiles closesly, the two rushing into the hospital their minds solely on Lydia at the moment despite everything surrounding them. Kylee was choosing to ignore the events of earlier with Peter, ignoring the worried looks Stiles sent her every few moments. Fearing she'd crumble under the weight of everything from her past crashing down on her. But her heart was stuck on her friend, hoping and praying for the strawberry-blonde to live despite the damages currently obtained.

The two rushed onto the floor Lydia was on, both stopped by Noah as he blocked their path and kept them from moving any further. "You know what, it's a good thing we're in a hospital because I am gonna kill you!" Noah whisper-shouted his index finger pointed to his son.

"I'm - I'm sorry. I lost the keys to my jeep. We had to run all the way here." Stiles rubbed at the back of his head in worry, his words seeming to announce Kylee's presence to the sheriff.

Noah glanced at the girl, his main focus on his son at the moment, "Stiles, I don't care!"

"Is she gonna be okay?" Stiles wondered, looking around his father to the girl in the hospital bed. Kylee had silently moved past the two, her eyes glued to her best friend as she stood in the window looking into the room.

"They don't know, partially because they don't know what happened. She lost a lot of blood, but there's something else going on with her." Noah explained, his voice softer as he looked back to his son.

"What-what do you mean?" Kylee flinched as a hand met her own, her eyes darting up as Stiles stood by her side. He lead her a few steps away from the window, the two facing it as they spoke with Noah. He kept a grip on her hand, supporting not only her but also himself.

The sheriff watched the two silently before responding to his son, "The doctors say it's like she's having an allergic reaction. Her body keeps going into shock." The teenagers were silent, heartbreak falling onto their faces as they determine that that only meant one thing. Kylee felt tears well in her eyes, her attention glued to the floor as she tried to keep them at bay. "Did you see anything? I mean, do you have any idea who or what attacked her? Either of you?"

Stiles was silent for a moment, breathing deeply before swallowing thickly and responding, "No. No, I have no idea." Kylee shook her head, her vision drawn to her best friend again. The vision before her broke her heart, a tear slipping down her cheek at the broken look the strawberry-blonde currently supported.

"What about Scott?" Noah questioned.

"What do you mean? What about him?"

"Did he see anything?" The sheriff elaborated.

"What do you - is he not here?" Stiles urged, confused.

"What are you talking about? I've been calling him on his cell phone. I've gotten no response." The sheriff responded, gesturing down the hall in confusion.