EIGHT

EIGHT

Kylee entered the movie store annoyed, her hazel eyes darting around the building as she thought of which movie she wanted to watch. Today had been a great day at school, her classes going smoothly and she was pretty sure she passed her French test this morning. Yet as soon as she returned home this afternoon it was like everything took a turn for a worse. Her mother had only gotten worse, coming down sick with who knows what and refusing to move so she could be taken to the doctor. The brunette just wanted to relax and watch a good movie, but she didn't know what she wanted to watch and that frustrated her.

Glancing at the worker, who was trying to fix a light, she let out a sigh, irritated that she can't find something she wants to watch. Looking back at the shelves of movies she continued walking up and down the aisles looking for something interesting to watch. She paused for a second in the comedy section, her eyes raking over titles for movies she's already seen multiple times.

"Do you have any new movies?" Kylee called out turning to look at the guy. She paused, groaning loudly, seeing that he wasn't there.

"Can somebody help me find the notebook?" Jackson was standing not far from her, eyes roaming the building.

"Hey Jackson," walking towards him, Kylee greeted the male.

"Is anybody working here?" He asked loudly walking forwards some.

"There was a guy on the ladder, but he disappeared. " She answered walking alongside him. Jackson slowly looked were the ladder stood, the light hanging down some from the ceiling. He continued walking before freezing. Following his line of sight, Kylee stopped next to him, looking at the feet sticking out from an aisle.

Creeping forwards slowly, she stayed close to Jackson, feeling a weird vibe come from the store. "Oh my God!" Kylee breathed out seeing the man that was on the ladder, now on the floor with his throat slit open and a pool of blood around him. Jackson backed up, knocking into the ladder, causing the lights to start flickering.

Kylee was breathing heavily as the reality of the situation set in, a large dark creature stood in the front of the store it's red eyes glued to the duo. Jackson grabbed Kylee's hand, dragging her with him behind the shelves. The duo crouch down, sharing looks of fear as a unsettling silence settled in the store.

"I'm going to get us out of here, okay." his voice was barely a whisper but Kylee heard him, and nodded slowly, trying to swallow her fear. Slowly Jackson looked around the shelf, jolting back around, before peaking again. Only to jolt back behind the shelf, knocking a few movies down. A loud bang echoed in the store, followed by another, then another. Jackson quickly stood, pushing Kylee out from behind the shelf, and making her fall face first to the ground. Just as the shelf they were hiding behind fell, trapping him underneath.