TWENTY

TWENTY

Kylee sat at the table exhausted, barely glancing up as Stiles placed himself beside her. She sipped silently at her water, pushing the food on her tray around, lost in her own world as the boys began to chat. Her episode from gym class the day before still weighing heavily on her mind, and the events that occurred shortly afterwards.

Their classmate since elementary school, Erica, experienced a seizure when she tried to complete the rock wall after class. Luckily, Scott was able to catch her when she fell from the wall so she didnt experience any seriously damaging injuries. Allison had known what to do when a person seizes which definitely helped the blonde girl even more until the ambulance arrived and was able to handle her properly.

Kylee had stood off to the side, feeling bad for the girl and scared for her health and situation. The brunette understood the inability to control something, herself not being able to control her panic attacks. She understood the underlying embarrassment the blonde had felt when everyone watched her. The inability to control your movements and actions was terrifying on its own, add in a group of students who spent more time gossiping than worrying and it made the situation worse.

So here Kylee sat, not only worrying about the more reaccurring panic attacks she experienced, but also worrying for the girl she had never paid much attention to. She briefly tried to focus on the conversation between the boys before giving up, allowing her mind to drift back to the panic attack from the day before.

The memory of her father's burnt skin in her face was still vivid. The smell of burning flesh was fresh in her mind, flashes from the fire still seemed to dance across her vision. The anger in her father's eyes were constantly on her mind, the hatred in his tone as he spoke to her. She can't remember a single time in her childhood were her father had looked at her or anyone in such a way, yet finding herself on the receiving end, it shattered her heart and terrified her to her bones. It left her for gasping for air, even now over 24 hours later since the attack, the brunette was breathing heavy trying to keep it on the down low when she felt Stiles take her hand.

"Breath," he whispered to her, thumb running circles along the back of her hand. He continued to do so as she claimed her breathing, forcing herself to focus on the conversation between the two. "I'll be back," Stiles spoke a moment later. Untangling his hand from hers he disappeared from the table, leaving Scott and Kylee.

"How are you feeling?" Scott questioned, eyes on the brunette as he ate ate his lunch.

"I'm good," Kylee forced a smile on her face, forcing herself to eat a bit of the salad she had grabbed for lunch. Scott watched her with a single brow raised, tapping his right ear pointedly. "Fine, it's hard but I'll be fine Scott. This isn't the first time." She told him honestly, shrugging her shoulders carelessly.