TWENTY FIVE

TWENTY FIVE

Kylee made her way down the hall determined, ignoring Isaac as he rushed to her side, "will you please talk to me?"

"Will you stop trying to kill my friends?" Kylee questioned, looking towards the boy for a moment.

"We thought she was the Kanima."

"All you had to do was trust me," she muttered, stopping by her locker. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a class I am already running late for. "

"I can walk with you?" Isaac questioned, looking hopefull.

"Isaac," Sighing, Kylee closed her locker slowly, holding her textbooks and notebook close to her chest. "Its going to take me a while to be okay with the new you. I'm so happy that you are feeling confident, but I don't care for how you chose to treat people."

Continuing down the hall, Kylee made her way towards her class, sliding into the room just as the bell rang. She moved quickly, sliding into her seat next to Scott, in front of Allison.

"Scott," Allison whispered, Kylee raising an eyebrow as she turned.

"I'm afraid your teacher was feeling ill today and had to leave early," Kylee froze, eyes locked on Allison's mom as she entered the classroom. Her heels echoed loudly, demanding attention as she came to a stop at the front of the desk. She wore a sickly sweet smile, "so unfortunately, you're stuck with me as a substitute." Kylee bounced her leg nervously, eyes darting towards Scott in fear. Mrs. Argent was staring between the three, eyes darting from her daughter to the McCall boy to the uneasy Green child. "Can anyone catch me up to speed on where we are? Mr. McCall how 'bout you?"

Kylee sighed, pulling out her notebook before slouching in her set. She flipped to the most recent notes, grabbing a pen to add more if Mrs. Argent was serious on teaching.  She stayed silent as Scott told her about their last class, what they've covered and what they were speaking on last. It seemed to give the older woman an idea, quickly launching her into a lecture that continued with the topic they were on. Bouncing her leg, Kylee continued to take notes, drifting off into space when the topic got too boring for her taste before snapping back in.

The class was a blur, the bell startling Kylee who quickly packed her things and began leaving the classroom with Allison. They both momentarily froze when Victoria called her daughters name, the younger Argent giving Kylee a small nod before turning around to face her mother.

Kylee was quick to leave the room, not wanting to stick around for the famous mother daughter talk, deciding she'd catch up with Allison after dropping her books off at her locker. The hallway was crowded as everyone gathered their things to leave for the day, Kylee glad to be one of them for a change.