SIXTEEN

SIXTEEN

Kylee was sure she was going to go insane. She spent her winter break either wandering the halls of the hospital while waiting for news on her best friend, ghosting Allison, or taking care of her mother. She refused to leave the hospital, except when Melissa and Natalie demanded she did so. She wanted to be one hundred percent sure Lydia was going to be okay, even if that meant slacking when it came to her own health.

When she was forced to leave the hospital, she was at home taking care of her mother and trying to get some sleep before heading back to the hospital. And between all that, she was trying her hardest to avoid the argent child, the simple mention of her last name breaking the girls heart as it reminded her of everything she found out that night of formal.

The brunette knew it was wrong, she knew Allison truly had no control over who her family was, or that her aunt was such a great manipulator. But she couldn't find it in herself to look past that at the moment, because the memory was fresh and the pain was real. Every time she sees Allison, she hurts a little more inside knowing that her father was murdered simply for being in a house that housed some werewolves.

She had tried, at the beginning of break, to speak with Allison, to try and comfort her as she dealt with the death of her aunt. But twenty minutes in the female made an excuse, leaving her to deal with the aftermath and heartbreak of betrayal alone as it became too much to bare. Since then, she's done everything in her power to avoid the female, putting her on do not disturb and making a point to walk the opposite way whenever she spots her in the hospital.

It was wrong, and it was cruel. But Kylee couldn't find it in her to care for now. She just hoped that one day, the pain would lessen just enough that she could speak with the brunette hunter again.

"Have you eaten anything?" Stiles' voice scared the brunette, her hazel eyes darting up to meet his honey ones. He stood before her, eyes assessing her as she slouched in the hospital chair outside of Lydia's room. "When's the last time you ate?" He questioned.

Kylee paused, eyes darting around before answering, "umm, this morning, I believe?" She honestly couldn't remember, her mind swirling with so many different things she couldn't find it in herself to care about anything else.

"You need to take care of yourself, lee," the male responded, shaking his head. "I'll go get you something from the vending machine. What do you want?"

Shrugging her shoulders the female began to pick at her nail polish, eyes darting nervously around the hospital, "I don't care."

"I'll be back," Stiles muttered heading down the hall towards the vending machines.

Kylee sat patiently, looking up as Lydia's father exited the hospital room his daughter was in. He placed his hands on his hips, eyeing her before speaking to Melissa who stood just outside the room. "She's been here all night? With that spaz kid?"