TWENTY SEVEN

TWENTY SEVEN

Sitting at her vanity, Kylee reached behind her to clasp her pearl necklace shut. Her hazel eyes fell to the top of the vanity, tongue poking out between red painted lips as she concentrated on the tiny clasp. A hand laying on top hers startled her, hazel eyes darting to her mirror quickly in surprise, "really! Did you have to scare me?"

Chuckling, he easily clasped her necklace shut, pulling her hair out from underneath so the curls fell easily against her shoulder blades, "not my fault you scare easily."

"Der, you literally didn't make a sound," she turned as she stood, staring up at him with her arms crossed over her chest.

"I know," he wore a grin, eyes twinkling in mischief like they did when they were younger. He was always teasing them, specifically Cora and herself at any chance he could get. Talia often caught him in the act, punishing him by making him spend the day with the younger duo who were just ecstatic to spend time with the older male. "Party?" He wondered, watching her move across the room towards a pair of black heels.

Kylee grabbed the shoes from the floor, sitting on her bed to slip on the black heels. "Lydia's seventeenth birthday party," she answered, flipping her hair over one shoulder so she could see.

"You look amazing," he spoke honestly. She wore a red dress with black lace covering the red, with her hair curled to perfection and a pearl necklace laying on her chest. She was determined to look her best for Lydia, agreeing to the dress the strawberry-blonde had demanded her to wear although she dressed it up slightly.

Cheeks flaming almost as brightly as her red coat, Kylee smiled up at him as he approached her, "Thank you." She spoke softly, the honest words falling from her lips easily. Grabbing her red peacoat, Kylee slid her arms through the sleeves, adjusting it so it was on properly. "Tonight's the full moon," she added a moment later, brows furrowed. "Why aren't you preparing?"

He smiled effortlessly, bright teeth on display as he reached out to pull her hair out from under her jacket. "I'm meeting them at the station in thirty," she nodded, staring up at him. "I just wanted to check in on you."

Head cocked to the side, her brows furrowed once again, "why?"

"Your mom," at his words her brows smoothed, her hazel eyes darting to the floor as she avoided looking at him. "How is she?"

A sigh escaped her painted red lips, her hazel eyes avoiding his green ones at all costs. She had hoped to avoid the question at hand, preferably forever if she was being honest. "It's bad again," she mumbled the words, silently hoping he would drop the subject.