SEVENTEEN

SEVENTEEN

Kylee blinked sleepily, rubbing at her eyes as her alarm clock blarred beside her. She contemplated turning it off and rolling back over, curling into a ball and ignoring the day for as long as she possibly could. With a yawn, she reached across and smacked at her alarm clock, hiding under her blankets once again when the noise stopped. She drifted back to sleep, jumping when her bedroom door slammed open, her best friend marching into the room with a determined look on her face. "Kylee!" Lydia ripped the blankets from the brunette, the girl grumbling as the cold air hit her bare legs. "You promised you would help me today."

Lydia was returning to school today, and despite the tough exterior she presented to everyone else, her best friend knew her. Kylee would do anything for the strawberry-blonde, prooving it as she slowly exited her bed despite the grumbling leaving her lips and the desire to curl back up.

She entered her bathroom, beginning her morning routine while Lydia worked on picking out an outfit for the brunette. Kylee looked up into the mirror, patting her face dry after washing it, as Lydia entered the bathroom a smirk on her face. "Lydia there are no pants with that outfit."

"It's a dress silly," Lydia responded, the brunette raising an eyebrow at her friend as she held up what was definitely not a dress. It was one of her father's plaid shirts, his red and black one that had been his favorite years ago. It was exceptionally large, from Kylee's younger days when her father had been a large man with a beer belly when the family had hit a hard time. It would admittedly be large enough to fit her like a dress would, although the Green child wasn't sure how comfortable she would feel in it. "At least it is now," Lydia continued with a shrug. "Look, I don't understand your love for plaid, but this paired with those boots make it a little more doable."

Lydia held a pair of black thigh high boots she had bought for Kylee a couple months ago on one of their shopping sprees. The brunette had protested, claiming she would never wear them to begin with, yet the strawberry-blonde was adamant they would be worn at one point. "I don't know Lyds," Kylee trailed off.

"Look, let me do your hair, makeup and you get dressed and if you still aren't feeling it we will go back to the drawing board okay?" Kylee hesitated, finally nodding in agreement after a moment knowing how much doing all of this was actually calming her best friend down. She had to give the strawberry-blonde props for her ability to hide her nerves well, at least to other people, but the brunette could read her like an open book, automatically picking up on the nervous quirks. "Thank you," Lydia smiled, moving towards her friend once setting the outfit down.

Kylee stayed silent, allowing Lydia to get everything ready to work her magic as she began doing her makeup. She kept things simple for the brunette, nude colors lighting up her eyes and making the green specs pop just a little more. The two chatted as Lydia began working on Kylee's hair, the strawberry-blonde answering questions the brunette had and vise versa. "They haven't told you anything else regarding the bite?" Kylee questioned, meeting her best friends eyes through the mirror.