TWENTY FOUR

TWENTY FOUR

Kylee sat silently next to Lydia in the car, not sure where exactly to begin with explaining things. She had spoke with Scott briefly, before he took off after Jackson, who agreed Lydia deserved to know, now that she was kinda the center of everything. The brunette had huffed, reminding him that she should've known months ago when Peter first sank his teeth into her flesh.

"Why is is so difficult?" Lydia finally broke the silence, Kylee turning to face the girl.

"I-I'm not sure," she truly wasn't sure why she couldn't just spit the words out. It should be easy, right? All she has to do is say werewolves are real and begin the story of them discovering that. Yet the words couldn't leave her lips and she was left with her mouth hanging open like an idiot.

"In all my life you've always been the one constant thing," Lydia began looking at Kylee in disbelief. "When my parents divorced and I lost my grandma, you've always been there for me. I was with you through everything-the fire, your dad, your mom. But you can't even talk to me anymore."

Kylee flinched at her words, feeling the fire licking at her skin for a brief moment before disappearing in a flash. "Its just hard," Kylee finally spoke. "It makes no sense and I wouldn't even believe me if I said it."

Lydia looked even more hurt at her words, grabbing her bag from the passenger floorboards before making a scramble to escape the car, "I've believed you with everything, I would've believed this too." Slamming the door shut, Kylee watched silently as Lydia marched towards the front of her house.

She sighed loudly, brushing the fallen strands from her messy bun out of her face. Her phone buzzed a moment later, stopping the girl from reversing out of the driveway and making the drive home. Stiles name flashed across the screen, the brunette answering the phone quickly, "any luck?"

"Hello to you too," Stiles mumbled through the phone, huffing when the girl stayed silent waiting for his answer. "Yes, we have him."

"You have him?" She wondered, gazing up at Lydia's house. "Is he himself or the homicidal lizard thing?"

"Himself," Stiles answered. "For now." She could imagine the boy shrugging his shoulders, no doubt looking at the lacrosse player that they all seemed to dislike for the most part. "I have a plan." The female snorted at his words, knowing how most of his plans went. "Just meet us at the preserve."

He wasted no time, hanging up on the girl who stared at her phone in disbelief, "where in the preserve Stiles? Its huge!" Grumbling under her breath the female quickly pulled out of the driveway, making her drive towards the preserve like the male asked.