PROLOGUE

P R O L O G U E

P R O L O G U E

Kylee Green stepped nervously onto the field, her hazel eyes examining her surrounding to the best of their ability. The air was stiff, the temperature low, as she walked with small unsure steps. There was little to no light to guide her way, the moon only half full tonight. She wasn't sure what had drawn her here in this exact moment, nothing seemed to stand out to her at the moment. She soon found herself in the middle of the field, turning in circles trying to figure out why she was here.

A loud whistle filled the air, the brunette flinching as the noise penetrated her sensitive eardrums. A deep chuckle sounded only moments after the whistle died down, a figure slowly coming into view as it walked towards her. "Hello?" A light turned on, blinding the female from seeing who the male was. "Who's there?" She shielded her eyes to the best of her ability, stepping backwards unsteadily.

"You know exactly who I am Kylee," A chill ran down her spine at his words, his voice Oh so familiar to her ears. Her heart began to race as panic sat in, realizing just who exactly was across from her.

The endless possibilities of what he could do began to run through her mind as she backed herself away from him. Her eyes were now glued to his face, the twisted smile he wore making her sick to her stomach as he continued towards her. He walked with determination, the sword in his hand capturing her attention for only a moment. She swallowed thickly as she turned to run, freezing as her eyes landed on multiple dead bodies, a group of individuals standing around them with sinister smiles on their faces. Her eye sight shifted to the bodies to the burnt marks on their skin, their pale eyes staring straight into the sky lifeless.

"Look what you did," Suddenly he was beside her, his chuckles making her flinch violently away from him.

"I didn't do this," she whispered broken, her eyes glued to a single burnt figure. He was almost unrecognizable, his hair completely gone, his clothes in ruins clinging by single thread to stay together. The ash covered his skin, yet those strikingly similar hazel eyes stared straight at her blaring loudly just who it was.

She felt like she was suffocating, the longer she stared at the figure. Her heart beating so quickly she flinched at the pain, her hand reaching out to grasp onto something, anything to keep herself steady. Her eyes filled with tears that slowly began to trickle down her cheeks only to fall from her chin helplessly to the grass below. She made no sound as her body trembled, her fingers searching for anything to cling to.

"You did do this," a single hand wrapped around her upper arm, jerking her motionless body to face the face she tried so hard to run from. Empty eyes stared into her emotional ones, the sinister smile he wore showing off his shiny white teeth. She did nothing as he jerked her body around, pulling her along with him, showing her each and every victim at their feet up close and personal.

She openly wept by the time they reached the end of the circle of bodies, her eyes locked on the same figure from before. Despite her blurry vision, her eyes had no trouble locking onto those similar hazel eyes, the mirror image leaving her gasping for breath. Her knees collapsed under her, the hand holding her bicep the only thing keeping her from crashing to the ground. She mumbled incoherently, broken words falling past her chapped lips, begging to be left alone.

"You did this," her hair fell loosely around her face, the strands sticking to her wet cheeks. She did nothing to clear her face, her eyes not moving from the mirrored ones, even as the sword became level with her midsection.

Time seemed to freeze as the mirrored eyes blinked slowly, disgust and hatred pooling into the orbs as they stared into her own. Her cries turned violently loud as she watched the once laying figure pull back the sword, preparing to swing forward with all their might. It didn't matter that the air seemed to disappear from her lungs, or that the pain in her chest was excruciating. Nothing could compare to the pain she felt as she watched her father swing the sword into her body.

"This is your fault!"