SEVEN

SEVEN

Kylee skipped happily through the house, giggles escaping her lips as Cora followed close behind her. The duo were playing, a familiar scene in the Hale household. The younger brunette was happy, visibly shinning as their parents laughter echoed through the house hold. The sound was one of her favorite sounds ever, the female loving her family more than anything. The scene was a happy one, Cora's laughter ringing through the house as well.

The young girl stumbled as a heat filled the house, a cry leaving her lips as everything around her changed. Laughter no longer filled the household, now it was screams of misery as the people around her burned. She could hear the individual screams, she could distinguish each person's voice from the others. She cried loudly in fear, her heart beating loudly in her chest as the nightmare fully took it's course.

"Why'd you leave us?" Cora cried, her painful cries mixing with her voice.

The others began to scream. Their words full of confusion and hate as they screamed at her. She felt the crushing weight of their words, feeling like they were pushing her further and further into a box. Their burnt bodies began to move closer and closer to the young brunette, their voices growing louder and harsher with each step they made toward her.

The brunette screamed, her voice echoing loudly as they grabbed at her begging her to save them.

Terrified, Kylee jolted forwards in her bed, her hands grasping at anything and everything around her as her scream echoed through the air. She held a hand to her chest as she tried her hardest to calm down, her ears still ringing from her scream. Fresh tears welled in her eyes as she calmed herself down, her heart beating loudly as she began to sob once again. She hated the way things were. She hated how she was being forced to live this life when she wanted nothing more than to be with her father. She didn't know if she could count this as living, barely getting through each day without a breakdown. She missed the way things had been.

The brunette pushed herself up out of bed, brushing away the remaining tears. She continued through her normal routine, telling herself to hide her feelings. Nobody wanted to deal with an emotionally messed up person. She forced a smile on her face, make-up covering the dark circles under her eyes. She wouldn't allow herself to hide away and give into the feelings of self hate, not when she had to continue to put on a brave face for everyone around her. Not when she had to fool them into thinking she was okay.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Kylee walked along side Lydia and Allsion, the three making their way towards the front of the school. Their heels clicked in sync against the linoleum flooring as they moved, Allison on her phone.