FOURTEEN

FOURTEEN

Kylee entered the gym, a frown on her face as she searched for the one person she has yet to see. She eyed the decorations as she walked further into the gym, the twinkling paper stars and snowflakes hanging from the ceiling. The brunette was late to the dance, sadness in her eyes when she couldn't find Isaac. The male never showed up at her house, leaving her alone and wondering where exactly the man was.

Feeling bumbed, Kylee made her way towards the drink table. She helped herself to a cup of punch, swallowing down the tart, spiked liquid. She surveyed the crowd with an uninterested sigh, smiling when she caught sight of her best friends dancing. She could see the excitement in Stiles eyes as he held Lydia, the two swaying to the beat.

A little away from the duo, Kylee found Scott and Allison dancing together, shy smiles on their faces as they held each other. Sipping the punch, the female sighed upset that all her plans for tonight were ruined. She had just wanted one night to be a normal teenager and dance with her date. But her date didn't show up, he left her stranded and dateless.

"Why are you alone?" Lydia stood in front of Kylee, scaring the brunette from her thoughts. The strawberry-blonde stood with her hands on her hips, eyes locked on the brunette in front of her. "Where is Isaac?"

Stiles joined Lydia, a smile on his face before it was replaced with a frown at the look on the girls face. Kylee rubbed her lips together humming almost inaudibly, "he didn't show."

"Are you serious?" Lydia questioned, an eyebrow raised in disbelief. Kylee nodded slowly, glancing down at the almost empty glass in her hand. "You don't deserve that."

Kylee shrugged, "I can't change it now." Her eyes roamed the gym again, this time spotting Jackson standing not far from them. She forced as smile on her face when his eyes met her, before her attention returned to her friends in front of her.

Lydia was watching Jackson with an upset look, "I'm gonna go talk to Jackson."

Stiles opened his mouth to protest, Lydia leaving his side before he could get out a single sound. "I'm sorry Stiles," Kylee spoke softly, gaining the males attention.

The male sighed, shrugging his shoulders, "I should be used to it by now." Kylee smiled sadly, swallowing the last of the punch in her cup. She focused on the couple dancing, a sad sigh escaping her lips. A part of her was hoping Isaac would rush through the door and wisk her off to the dance floor. But another part, the larger part, of her knew that wasn't going to happen. Isaac wasn't going to show up and she wasn't going to get her wish of feeling like a regular teenager with regular problems. "Do you wanna dance?" Stiles broke the brunette from her thoughts, her eyes darting to his quickly.