NINE

NINE

Kylee limped her way into the school two days later, grunting each time her crutches dug into her arms a little more. Her bookbag hung from her shoulder, smacking against her side and adding to her frustration. Her leg was aching slightly the Advil she had taken taking forever to begin working. Everyone around her stared, no doubt having heard about the incident at the video store. Whispers filled the halls adding to her paranoia. She searched quietly as she moved, hoping to see one of the boys or even Allison or Lydia to possibly help her. She made her way to her locker as quickly as possible, balancing on one leg as she changed her books out.

The brunette jumped as her bookbag was taken from her hands, her eyes following the hand up to blue eyes,, "hi." Isaac spoke softly, a shy smile on his face as he held her bag for her. " I thought I'd help you out " He added a second later.

Kylee grinned, reaching up to brush her hair that had fallen out of its ponytail she placed it in earlier in her rush. "Thank you," grabbing her crutches, the female limped away after closing her locker, Isaac at her side as they headed to their first class of the day.

"How are you feeling?" Kylee forced the smile to stay on her lips at his question, annoyance in her eyes as she focused down the hall.

The female had grown tired of people asking her how she was feeling the past two days, between Isaac, Scott, Melissa, Noah, Derek, Stiles and Allison it was a never ending list of questions. She wished for once people would tlk with her about something other than the incident. "I'm fine," She settled, pausing to glance up at Isaac.

"Are you sure?" Isaac watched her closely, clearly not accepting her response.

Kylee nodded sharply, "I'm fine." She brushed past the students in the hall, slipping into the classroom. She made her way to her seat, Isaac at her side. He handed her her bag before sitting down in his seat.

"How long are you in the cast?" Isaac questioned, looking down at the blue plastic visible on her leg. The material went up to just below her knee. A sock covered her foot, hiding a small portion of the cast.

"Six to eight weeks," She answered, looking up at Ms. Morell entered the room. Kylee focused as much as she could on the notes in front of her, trying to ignore the looks and whispers that were directed to her. Their gazes were heavy and their whispers were full of wonder and accusations, she was sure this would be her entire day.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Kylee winced as she helped her mother into the bathtub, the older woman flopping into the water splashing it everywhere. Her leg ached as she was forced to walk around without her crutches. She was trying her hardest not to put all her weight on her injured leg, gasping each time she accidently did.

She grew frustrated as her mother just sat still, staring straight and occasionally coughing from the cold she currently had. She quickly set to washing the older woman, going about their normal shower routine quickly. She helped her mother redress before helping her back into bed, the older woman curling up in her blankets. Fixing her hair that was falling from the messy bun she put it in, Kylee cleaned up the mess in the bathroom before making her way to her crutches that leaned against the wall. Making her way down the stairs, staying off of her injured leg completely, the female made her way to the kitchen, planning to make herself a bowl of mac & cheese.