THREE

THREE

"He's dead," Kylee muttered. She sat in the front seat of Stiles jeep once again, her hazel eyes filled with tears and locked on the road in front of them. She could feel his eyes on her, the heavy, questioning gaze weighing down on her shoulders. "He died with the rest of his family."

She was sure she sounded crazy as her teeth chattered. The temperature had dropped through the night, the female rubbing her bare arms trying to stay warm. "Your hoodie should still be back there." Stiles spoke up, looking in the backseat for a split second before focusing on the road again. She moved slowly, searching for her hoodie before pulling it on over her dress.

They fell in silence once again, Kylee wiping at her tears that didn't want to stop slipping down her cheeks. "Derek died, how'd he get Allison or turn Scott?" She was confused, her mind trying to understand how he was around. She had been told days after the accident that everyone in the Hale family, minus Peter, had perished in the fire. Although she now knew that the man who saved her life would have probably been better off dead. He laid, now, everyday staring off into nothing stuck in a comatose state. His body was covered in burns, the marks leaving lasting blisters on his skin.

"He's not dead," Stiles spoke as if he was walking on eggshells, something she knew but couldn't be bothered to correct.

She felt her heartbreak, knowing everything she knew for the past six years had been a lie. Derek had survived, and she wondered if anyone else had as well. A part of her wished that this meant the past six years weren't real; the fire never happened, her father never died, and her mother never began wasting away. It was foolish of her to think this, to hope this, yet she continued to. A part of her was also angry, knowing he had been alive the whole time and never came to see her or her mother. She knew it was irrational, the man had lost his whole family, she really didn't blame him for leaving this town.

She stayed silent, curling up in the seat and staring out the window. She was exhausted, her body drained of energy completely. She wondered what they would do next, trying to keep her mind off of Derek. "What do we do?" She spoke, her voice sounding foreign in her ears after all the crying she did.

Stiles glanced towards her before focusing on the road once again, "first we need to find Scott." It was nearing five in the morning, something that seemed to add to the weight on their shoulders. "Then we find out what happened last night." Kylee nodded in agreement, curious to know what all Scott experienced. "Lastly we wing it." Her eyes shot to him quickly, wide as she stared at him like he was insane. Although she couldn't say there was anything else they could do. It wasn't like there was a book titled "how to handle your best friend turning into a werewolf". Admittedly though it would be useful. She could only imagine how famous she'd become if she wrote that book, whether it be good famous or bad. She wouldn't be surprised if she got locked up for that book.