27

(27)

“She made me do it,” the man said said.

Gina got up and walked to the man.

“Coward.”

She kissed him and refilled her mug.

She walked back to her chair, kissing Elaine on the head as she passed her.

“Elaine, I would like you to meet Dylan.”

Dylan walked back to her and shook her hand again.

“Hi, Elaine. It is a pleasure to meet you. I had nothing to do with this, she put me up to it.”

Elaine looked at Gina.

“I am going to kill you later.”

Dylan sat at the table.

He looked at Gina.

“Brandon texted me. He is gone to do his papers. He said the girls are still asleep. They were up half the night. I left a text with Lisa to check in on the girls.”

“So, no issues?” Gina asked.

Dylan shook his head.

“Brandon said the girls were good and both fell asleep watching the movie, after filling up on all kinds of room service.”

“Where are the kids?” Elaine asked.

“At Dylan’s suite at the Grand. They stayed there last night so we could spend some time together.”

Gina could not take her eyes off Dylan.

“Why do I feel like the third wheel?” Elaine asked, as she stood up.

Dylan stood as well.

“No, sit,” he said.

“I have to go in a minute anyway. I have a meeting at 8 o'clock with the city planner and another at 10 with some contracting company.”

He looked at Gina.

“What was the company’s name again?”

“I believe it was Smith Contracting.”

Dylan nodded.

“Yea, that was it.”

He looked at Elaine.

“Ever hear of them?”

Elaine was beaming.

“It is you, Troy has a meeting with?”

Dylan nodded, smiling.

“My company is planning to build a five story building in the new business district. We need a contractor to look after things. I want to hire local and Gina told me your husband is in the business, so …”

“He is,” Elaine blurted out, not letting Dylan finish, “and he is very good. He just needs a good contract to grow the company.”

Dylan smiled.

“I checked into the jobs he has done around town and everyone seems quite happy with him. He has a reputation for completing on time and usually under budget.”

Elaine continued to praise her husband.

“He is a hard working man and he has a good crew who are very loyal. He just needs a break. You won’t regret hiring him.”

Dylan smiled.

“You don't have to convince me. I am going to have a meeting with him this morning and if I like what I see, well…”

He stood up and went to Gina.

He took her hands in his and leaned down to kiss her gently on the lips.

“I will see you later tonight?”

She smiled and blushed slightly.

“I get off at 8.”

“Then we will have a late dinner and maybe lock the kids in the suite again.”

Gina kissed him again.

“Maybe.”

“Anyway, I have to go. Nice meeting you Elaine.”

“You too… Bill.”

They all laughed. Dylan blew Gina a kiss and left the apartment.