83

(83)

Gina had just sat down at the kitchen table when a knock came on her door.

“Come in, Elaine.”

“Are you decent?”

“I am, but Dylan is standing here naked,” Gina joked.

Elaine appeared in the kitchen in a matter of seconds.

She looked around.

“Well, where is he?”

“Somewhere over New Brunswick by now, I expect,” Gina said, a big smile on her face.

“Bitch,” Elaine said as she poured a coffee and sat at the table.

“You not having one?”

“I had one already. I am cutting back until after the baby.”

Gina got up and went to the refrigerator. She took out a single serving orange juice.

She shook it up as she walked back to the table.

“So things between you and Dylan are good?”

Gina opened the orange juice and took a mouthful.

She nodded.

“I guess you could say that.”

“Are we gonna start this shit again. For fuck sake girl, spill it.”

Gina smiled, her face beaming.

“We are great. We are more than great.”

Elaine pulled her chair closer to Gina.

“He took you away for the weekend?”

“He flew us to Niagara Falls,” Gina said.

“He?”

Gina nodded.

“Dylan has a private jet. I got to sit in the cockpit with him. It was unbelievable.”

“Back the plane up, dearie. Dylan is a pilot?”

Gina sipped her orange juice and nodded.

Suddenly Elaine smirked, as her mind went in a totally different direction.

“So, did you join the mile high club?”

Gina turned away, blushing slightly.

“A lady never speaks of such things.”

“You slut,” Elaine joked.

Gina just sipped her juice.

“No details,” Elaine snapped.

“No,” Gina said firmly.

“Anyway … we flew to Niagara Falls and stayed at the Sheraton in a two story penthouse suite with the most amazing view of the falls. We could stand on the balcony and I swear you could feel mist from the falls. It was amazing.”

“Fuck me,” Elaine said quietly.

“So what did you do?”

“We got there Friday afternoon and we had an amazing meal in the hotel restaurant. Dylan is so sweet. He know I couldn't drink so he didn't either. After dinner, we walked down to the falls. I have tons of pics that I will show you later. 

It was so romantic. We held hands and walked along Fallsview Avenue. We stopped in one of the casinos and Dylan taught me to play craps.

I won $2,ooo.”

“Really?” Elaine said.

Gina nodded.

“After that we went to a nightclub and we danced until almost 2 in the morning.”

“He’s a lousy dancer, right?” Elaine said, a note of hope in her voice. 

Gina laughed.

“He is an amazing dancer. He even taught me the tango.”

“Okay, there is no way this man is all that,” Elaine snapped.

Gina shrugged her shoulders.

“He told me that I set him free. That when he is with me, he finally feels that he can be himself.”

Elaine got up to refill her coffee.

“So he is amazing in bed, a great dancer, he has his own fucking jet. Jesus.”

Elaine sat down again.

“So keep going.”

“Well we stayed in bed until after noon the next day and then Dylan ordered us breakfast from room service. We sat at a small table near the window on the first floor. We could look out over the falls. It was so romantic.

Then we had a long soak in our jacuzzi and ……”

Elaine stood up and went to a cupboard over the sink. She took a bottle of Irish Cream down and poured a large shot in her coffee.

“I am happy for you Gina, but …”

Elaine had a look of concern on her face.