99

(99)

Gina walked into the kitchen of the restaurant. 

“Okay you guys, get out of here.”

Chef Jacques looked up.

“Just a few more minutes, boss and we will be finished.”

Gina smiled and left the kitchen.

She met several of the servers putting on their coats.

“Thank you ladies for a great night.”

They all gave Gina a hug, saying ‘good night’ as they headed toward the door.

Sonja walked to Gina.

“Why don't you get out of here? I can close up.”

“You go,” Gina said. 

“I have to wait for Dylan anyway. I don't have my car here. I came in with Dylan. He doesn’t want me driving in my condition.”

Sonja laughed.

“Does he think you are handicapped now?”

Gina smiled.

“He is just a little over protective.”

She hugged Sonja.

“Now you go. He will be here in a little while.”

Sonja walked away.

Okay, boss.”

A moment or so later, Chef Jacques and his assistant, Henry, gave Gina a quick hug as they headed out of the restaurant.

“Night boss lady.”

“Night gentlemen,” Gina called as they left.

“Thank you for another wonderful night.”

Gina locked the front doors behind them.

She walked back into the restaurant.

Sonja was at the bar, having a beer.

“You still here?” Gina asked, as she sat on a stool.

“Yea,” I figured I would have a cold one and chat with my boss while she waits for that wonderful man of hers.”

“Pass me a water, hun,” Gina said as she swung the stool around.

Sonja passed her a water.

“We had a good night tonight.”

Gina nodded.

“We did. Business has been good.”

“Good,” Sonja remarked, excitedly.

“It has been amazing. We don't have a single opening until the middle of March.”

“Well I hope you girls are leaving a few tables open for walk-ins. We will be having a lot of new faces in this town as the Rebel crowd start to move in here.”

Sonja nodded.

“We keep 5 tables open a night. Once we get the sports bar open we will be able to handle anything.”

Gina nodded.

“Well the way work is progressing on that, it won’t be long from now. Troy is way ahead of schedule.”

“He’s a good man,” Sonja remarked, “my brother is working for him now and he says Troy is the greatest boss.”

“Well having a good boss is important. Makes work a lot more enjoyable,” Gina agreed.

Sonja finished her beer and walked around the bar. She stood next to Gina and gave her a big hug.

“Why do you think we have such a great restaurant? We have the world’s greatest boss here.”

Gina smiled.

“Thank you, Sonja.”

She gave her a playful push.

“Now get out of here before you start making me cry. You know these fucking hormones of mine are all over the place.”

Sonja gave her a quick kiss on the cheek.

“You sure you don't want me to stay and keep you company?”

Gina looked at the clock behind the bar.

It was 10:10.

She shook her head as she got off the stool.

“You go. Dylan will be here in a couple minutes anyway. Besides I have a bit of paperwork to finish.”

“Okay.”

Sonja disappeared into the hallway that led to the kitchen. A moment later she was back with her coat and purse.

Gina walked her to the front door.

“Night, Sonja,” she said as she opened the door for her.

“Night, boss. See you tomorrow.”

Gina waved good bye as she locked the door behind Sonja.