92

(92)

Troy sipped his scotch as he looked out through the great room windows. It had started snowing and the soft lights in the garden illuminated the snowflakes. They looked like sparkles falling from the sky.

He turned to Dylan.

“This is the most incredible house I have ever seen. I would never have had this vision.”

Dylan joined him at the window.

“My father always told me that before you do something, see the end result.”

Dylan started laughing.

“You have no idea how many days I walked through the forest here, making sketches and drawing diagrams. I must have taken a dozen helicopter flights over this area before I finally saw what I wanted to see.”

Dylan took a sip of scotch.

“I tried to make this house a part of the landscape instead of adapting the landscape to the house.”

Troy raised his glass, while shaking his head.

“I salute you, my friend. This is a masterpiece.”

Dylan smiled.

“Thank you.”

“What is a masterpiece?” Gina asked as she and Elaine walked into the great room to join the men.

She went directly to Dylan and kissed him quickly on the lips.

“I was telling your man that this house is a masterpiece. I have never seen anything that even comes close to it,” Troy reiterated.

Gina smiled.

“It is beautiful. But I still need a map sometimes so I don't get lost.”

All four laughed.

At that moment, Brandon came into the great room. He was putting on his coat as he walked in.

“I’m off,” he said.

“And where are you going, young man?” his mother asked.

“Out,” Brandon remarked, casually.

“Out where?”

“Oh for God’s sake, Gina, stop torturing the boy,” Dylan joked.

Brandon was now blushing slightly.

“Thank you, Dylan.”

Gina walked to Brandon and fixed the collar of his coat.

“Tell Joey I said hi.”

Brandon blushed deeper.

“Mom.”

Gina kissed him.

“I’m still your Mom and I am entitled to embarrass you.”

She kissed him again.

“You want a ride?” Dylan asked.

“No, Joe is meeting me at the gate.”

“Why are you walking to the gate? Just give her name to security,” Dylan told him.

“Oh,” Elaine said, now very interested.

“Joe is a girl?”

Gina smiled.

“Yes, our Brandon has a girlfriend.”

“She is not my girlfriend. We are just friends. We like hanging together,” Brandon added quickly.

“Sounds like a girlfriend to me,” Elaine said, laughing.

Brandon rolled his eyes and headed for the door.

“Bye.”

“Brandon?” Dylan called behind him.

When Brandon turned, Dylan tossed him a set of keys.

“Leave the car at the gate. You will get covered with snow if you walk. And give Joey’s name to security.”

Brandon smiled.

“Thanks Dylan.”

He hurried off.

Gina glared at Dylan.

“What?” Dylan quipped, innocently.

“I already talked to John. He will make sure Dylan does not go past the gate.”

Gina looked suspicious.

“Are you sure?”

“Cross my heart,” Dylan said quickly, making the motion across his chest.

“Remember I would never lie to you.”

Gina nodded.

She knew Dylan would never lie and that he already looked at Brandon as his own.

“Okay. Anyway, anyone up for a game of pool or darts.”

“Where are the girls?” Elaine asked.

“Probably in the family room upstairs. They have a huge screen there and a ton of kids movies and even a popcorn machine. Mr. Dylan is simply spoiling them.”

Dylan just shrugged his shoulders.

“What can I say?”

Gina kissed him.

“I love you for that.”

“Okay, you two,” Elaine said quickly.

“Enough of that bullshit.”

Troy grabbed his wife and kissed her.

“And what is wrong with that, bullshit.”

Elaine stared at Troy, surprised.

“Hmmmm.”

She looked at Gina.

“Did you say you have a guest house?”

Gina laughed.

“Later, you two.”

“Speaking of houses,” Dylan said, innocently as he sat on a stool at the bar.

“Troy?”