63

(63)

Gina got up from the table and slowly started walking toward the bar. Dylan was still talking to the bartender and had not noticed her.

Gina stopped about five feet from him.

“Dylan?”

Dylan turned quickly. When he saw Gina a slight smile came to his face.

“Hi.”

Gina wanted to run to him, but his reaction made her unsure as to what to do.

It was Dylan who went to her.

The smile grew larger, in spite of himself.

Gina jumped into his arms and held him tight.

“I am so sorry,” she sobbed.

Dylan held her tight.

“Shhh. It is me who should be sorry.”

Gina pulled back and looked into Dylan’s face.

“I am not going to spend the rest of the night deciding whose fault it was. I am just glad you are here.”

Dylan bent down and kissed Gina gently on the lips.

Gina felt her legs go weak.

She felt a little mad at herself for giving in so easily, but she could not disguise the way she felt.

“I missed you,” Gina said when the kiss ended. Her heart was pounding so loudly, she was sure those in the bar could hear it.

All eyes in the bar were on the two.

Dylan let Gina go.

“Let’s go and sit down. I think we are being watched.”

Gina laughed.

The two went back to Gina’s table.

Gina was still crying.

“I never thought I would ever see you again. How long have you been in town?”

“I just got in. I threw my suitcase on the bed and came down for a drink. I never expected to see you here, but I am so glad I did.”

Gina reached across the table and took Dylan’s hand. Suddenly it felt like all was right with the world.

“How long are you here for?”

“I was only going to be here tonight and tomorrow,” Dylan explained.

“What?” Gina almost screamed. “No.”

Dylan smiled and held tightly her hand.

“Well I might be persuaded to stay an extra day or so.”

Gina leaned across the table and kissed him on the lips.

“Okay, you twisted my arm,” Dylan laughed.

“So, what brought you here tonight? It must have been fate or karma or something.”

Gina laughed slightly. 

“Nothing that spiritual. The restaurant has been sold and I was meeting with the representative of the new owners. They are expanding the restaurant and adding a sports bar and I will be running the show.”

Dylan was smiling from ear to ear.

“That is great. I am so happy for you.”

“Me too, but seeing you here tonight and sitting here with you; well, that is the icing on the cake.”

This time it was Dylan who leaned across the table for a kiss.

Gina smiled, closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

“We need to talk,” Gina said.

“There is so much I have to say.”

Dylan nodded.

“I agree, but this is not the place to do it. I believe everyone in the bar is watching us.”

Gina laughed, as she looked around.

“I think you are right.”

Dylan stood and offered Gina his hand.

“Want to talk in my room?”

“Mr. Lambert. Are you trying to seduce me into coming to your room?” Gina said in a fake shocked voice, as she took his hand.

“Maybe,” Dylan joked.

Gina smiled.

“I have to phone home first and let Brandon know I will be late.”

“Of course,” Dylan agreed.

“I will meet you at the front desk. I have to let them know I will be staying an extra couple days.”

Gina pulled Dylan’s head toward her and kissed him again.

“I’ll be right there.”