90

(90)

Gina stood alone in the empty apartment. 

Things had been pretty hectic since she had agreed to move in with Dylan.

Most of her furniture and things had been given to charity. 

Dylan had told Gina to keep everything and they would work it into the house. After all there was tons of room.

Gina didn't want to move with the memories. This was a fresh start for her and the children and she did not want to drag the past with her. Though there were lots of good memories, there were still reminders of her marriage to Kevin.

Besides, most of the furniture and dishes and such were old and Dylan told her to go out and buy anything that she wanted. He even got her a Scotia Bank American express card with no limit and told her to go crazy.

The new house was partly furnished, but Gina added some special touches of her own.

Dylan was thrilled.

Gina was concerned at first about the kids adjusting to the move, but her fears were quickly put to rest. Neither Brandon, nor Melissa had slept at the apartment since the day they saw the house.

Once the decision was made to share their lives, both Brandon and Melissa wanted to move into their new rooms as soon as possible.

As soon as possible was that night. 

Gina took a deep breath and fought back the tears that were filling her eyes.

As much as she was glad to be moving on with her life, this apartment had been her life for over thirteen years, since she and Kevin had moved in when Brandon was just 3 years old.

She would miss the apartment, but more than anything, she would miss her best friend.

“Hey, girlfriend.”

Gina turned, wiping the tears from her eyes.

“Hey you.”

Elaine went straight to Gina and gave her a hug.

“I am going to miss you so much,” Gina said between the tears.

“What am I going to do with my mornings now, with no you popping in?”

Elaine stepped back and stared into Gina’s eyes.

“Hey, girl. It is not like you are moving to another country or something. Besides, you have that beautiful man to wake up to every morning now.”

Gina had to smile. 

It amazed her how quickly she got used to sharing a bed with Dylan.

She loved the feeling of waking up at night and feeling his strong arms around her.

And of course there was the sex.

“Hello?”

Gina snapped back to reality.

“I’m sorry, Elaine.”

“I was going to ask how you are adapting to having a man in your bed every night, but the look on your face says it all,” Elaine remarked.

“It is amazing. I was terrified that it would take me forever to get use to him, but Dylan is so kind, so fucking patient. I mean the kids refused to leave the house, once we decided to move in. They have only been here long enough to get their stuff and then gone again. 

Dylan just takes them wherever they want to go.”

“So where is Mr. Wonderful now?” Elaine asked.

“He is giving Brandon driving lessons,” Gina explained.

“He is going to buy Brandon a car when he passes his driving test, so he can drive the kids back and forth to school, but not until after the winter. I don't want him driving the highway in the winter until he is a much better driver. For now, Dylan gets up every morning and drives them to school.”

“What about the girls?” Elaine wondered.

“They are shopping with Randi. She has taken a real shine to the girls. She spoils them, but she means well,” Gina told her

Elaine hugged Gina again.

“I am so happy for you, but I am going to miss you so much.”

Elaine started crying.

“Oh, no, don't cry,” Gina said as she too broke into tears.

The two women stayed in each others arms crying for almost ten minutes.