chapter 12: shocking revelations

Cedric's pov

I just can't stop think about her.

Her eyes, that shine so perfectly when the light hits them a certain way. Her glowy skin that's soft to the touch. Her warm lips, they way they felt against mine. Her shiny hair that suits her so well. Her smile, especially when she's embarrassed, she grins so wide. Her voice, the way she says my name. Her smell, that makes all my worries disappear.

I'm crazy about her.

I sat up from my bed and walked over to my mirror, smoothing down my hair. I took a deep breath and started grinning like an idiot.

The final task is in a few days. I'll do it then.

I can see it now: The crowd cheering as I hold the triwizard cup, bringing honor to my family, to Hufflepuff, and her face.. she's proud of me. Shes beaming, giving me that look. God, that look drives me crazy. And as she comes closer to congratulate me, I gently grab her lower back, pulling her in for a kiss.

It's settled then. after I win the triwizard tournament, i'll tell y/n how i feel about her.

Your pov

I can't sleep.

There's too much going on right now. Mr. Crouch is dead. I've never seen a body up close like that. A shiver ran up my spine. It wasn't something I'd want to see again.

I moved off the common room couch, sitting on the carpet a little closer to the fire. My head feels heavy.

Not to mention the kiss. It almost feels wrong to think about it with what just happened, but I can't help it; I like Cedric. I like being around him. He always knows exactly what to say, or do. He's almost too perfect.

Then there's Ron..

The difference is I don't know what it is with Ron. I don't know what its is I feel. With Cedric, everything is easy. He's an open book, I always know what he's thinking. Talking to him, being around him, just feels so right. I'll find time to talk to him tomorrow. But right now, I need to focus on the situation at hand.

When Harry comes back from Dumbledores office, I'll wake up Ron and Hermione, and he'll tell us everything that happened.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

My eyes slowly opened to the sound of voices. I found myself back on the couch, a blanket pulled over me. Confused, I sat up, looking around.

Harry's sitting on the couch next to me, and Ron and Hermione are standing behind him. They all have grim looks on their faces.

"But that doesn't make any sense." Hermione said quietly, looking at her feet.

"What doesn't?" I yawned, twisting my body so that I'm facing them. They all glanced over at me, obviously startled by my sudden addition to the conversation.

"(Y/n), you're awake! Sorry for not waiting for you. When I got back, you were asleep on the floor. I would have woken you up, but you seemed so tired so I just picked you up and moved you to the couch. I hope you don't mind." Harry explained, scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh. well, thank you Harry," I replied, a little embarrassed that I fell asleep on the floor. I had been so focused too. I cleared my throat. "So, what did I miss?"

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"Alright. Let me get this straight; you mean to tell me the headmaster of Durmstrang, Karkaroff, went to Azkaban for being a death eater, and was released due to leaking information about known death eaters such as Barty Crouch's own son who supposedly died, but was in one of Harry's dreams," I recount, trying to process what I had just been told. "And then you caught the Durmstrang headmaster talking to Snape who then accused you of stealing from his supplies to brew a polyjuice potion?"