chapter 5: sentanced to death

your pov

i'm sitting in the common room with hermione, studying. it's late, everyone else has gone to bed, so it's just us. suddenly, hermione slams her book down on the table and looks at me.

"uh.. what?" i ask her.

"alright. enough is enough. you need tell me what's going on." she says. huh?

"what do you mean 'what's going on'? the whole sirius black thing? because i think-" i say but she interrupts me.

"no! i mean, yes that's important, but you need to tell me what's going on with ron and harry!" she exclaims.

"what.. there's nothing going on, we're just friends." i say, but i can feel my ears turning pink.

"oh, that's a load of rubbish. i've seen the way they look at you, you know. i wouldn't be surprised if they both liked you." she answers. i turn bright red.

"hermione! what- i- i don't even know what your talking about," i say, picking my book back up. they don't like me. i mean, yeah, we've had a couple awkward situations, but..

"don't pretend you don't see it! now come on, do you like one of them?" she asks.

"uh-i.. i don't know! i've never even thought about anything like that! i mean, we always have something bigger to worry about, so that kind of stuff never really crossed my mind.." i answer. it's the truth, we always have some big problem at hand that needs my attention, and i've never been one to think about stuff like that anyway..

"oh, (y/n). feelings are always important, no matter how insignificant they seem. it's important to tell someone how you feel before it's to late." hermione tells me, and i suppose she's right.

"but its just.. thinking about harry or ron like that.. it's changes things. i like how we are now, and i don't want to ruin that." i tell her.

"yes, i suppose. i just don't want you to have any regrets." hermione says. she's right about that too..

"thanks 'mione." i say, giving her a smile. she smiles back, squeezing my hand. little did we know, however, certain red-haired twins were listening in from outside their dorms.

~time skip~

hermione, harry, ron and i are walking to hagrid's, to see how buckbeak's hearing went. i'm hoping nothing bad happened to hagrid or buckbeak..

"Beautiful day." i say, looking up at the sky.

"Gorgeous. Unless you've been ripped to pieces!" ron says. uh, what?

"Ripped to pieces? What are you talking about?" harry asks.

"Ronald has lost his rat." hermione says, sounding upset.

"I haven't lost anything! Your cat killed him!" ron exclaims.

"Rubbish." hermione replies.

"Harry, (y/n), you've seen the way that bloodthirsty beast of hers... is always lurking about. And Scabbers is gone." ron says.

"Well, maybe you should take better care of your pets!" hermione says.

"Your cat killed him!" ron says.

"Did not." hermione responds.

"Did." ron replies.

"can you two kids knock it off?" i say as we arrive at hagrids hut. we see hagrid outside, standing in the lake skipping rocks.

"How did it go, Hagrid? The hearing?" hermione asks him.

"Well, first off, the committee members took turns... talking about why we were there. I got up and did my piece. Said how Buckbeak... was a good hippogriff, always cleaned his feathers. And then Lucius Malfoy got up. Well, you can imagine. He said Buckbeak was a deadly and dangerous creature... who would kill you as soon as look at you." hagrid says.