chapter 4: betrayed

hey guys! it's the author here, i just want to say thank you for all the love on this book!! when i first posted it i never thought this many people would like it haha, so thank you sososo much!! ok, now back to the story lol

your pov

i'm sitting defense against the dark arts class with harry and ron. we're waiting for hermione, she's usually never late.. then, snape walks briskly into the classroom, shutting all of the windows except one.

"turn to page 394." he says. wait, he's not our teacher..

"Excuse me, sir. Where's Professor Lupin?" i ask.

"That's not really your concern, is it, (l/n)?" Suffice it to say your professor finds himself incapable of teaching... at the present time. Turn to page 394." i open my book and find the page.

'Werewolves'? ron says.

"Sir, we just learned about red caps and hinkypunks. We're not meant to start that for weeks." hermione says, startling me. how does she keep appearing like that?!

"Quiet." snape says.

"When did she come in? Did you see her come in?" ron asks harry and i. harry shrugs.

"i was just wondering that too." i reply.

"Now, which one of you can tell me the difference... between an Animagus and a werewolf?" snape asks. hermione raises her hand, but snape ignores her.

"No one? How disappointing." he says.

"Please, sir. An Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice. With each full moon, when he transforms, he no longer remembers who he is. He'd kill his best friend if he crossed his path. Furthermore, the werewolf only responds to the call of its own kind." hermione says. malfoy howls. what is he, 12?

"Thank you, Mr. Malfoy. That's the second time... you've spoken out of turn, Miss Granger. Are you incapable of restraining yourself... or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?" snape says. poor hermione.

"He's got a point, you know," ron says. i elbow him. "ow!"

"Five points from Gryffindor. As an antidote to your ignorance, and on my desk, by Monday morning... two rolls of parchment on the werewolf, with emphasis... on recognizing it." snape says. uh. is he joking.

"Sir, it's Quidditch tomorrow." harry says.

"Then I suggest you take extra care, Mr. Potter. Loss of limb will not excuse you. Page 394. The term "werewolf"... is a contraction of the Anglo-Saxon word "wer"... which means "man," and "wolf." Werewolf, man-wolf. There are several ways to become a werewolf. They include being given the power of shape-shifting... being bitten by a werewolf..." snape says, and i start to zone out. this is the worst.

~time skip~

the next day, i'm playing in the first quidditch match of the season against hufflepuff. the weather is insane, there's freezing rain and thunder, i can hardly see. angelina passes me the quaffle, and then lighting strikes her broom, and she goes falling. ouch.. i fly past the hufflepuff chasers, to their goal. im trying to score, but i still can hardly see anything. i throw the quaffle blindly, and.. i score! the gryffindor stands cheer. i swoop back around, trying to block the hufflepuff chaser that now posses the quaffle. suddenly, i hear gasps from the crowd. i turn around and see harry plummeting to the ground, his broom nowhere in sight. i fly as fast as i can over to him, but i don't know if i'm going to make it in time to catch him.. harry..

"Arresto momentum!" dumbledore casts, stopping harry before he hits the ground. i finally reach him and land. he's unconscious.

"harry! harry wake up!" i say, grabbing his shoulders. he doesn't look hurt, but i don't know what happened before he fell..