YEAR 3- chapter 1: the leaky cauldron

your pov

"(y/n)!" my father shouts from downstairs, waking me up. i roll my eyes. what does he want now, it's late.. i get up from my bed and walk downstairs.

"yes, father?" i say.

"get dressed. we're going somewhere." he asks.

"can you tell me where?" i reply. i'm not expecting an answer, my father rarely explains himself.

"just hurry up and get ready. i have ministry business to attend to, and i would like you to join me." he says. wow, he's never asked me to go with him before. i run back upstairs, getting ready. then i throw on a white sweater, blue jeans and my favourite boots. i brush out my hair, then quickly run back down stairs. my dad holds out his arm, and as i grab it, we apparate to the leaky cauldron.

"what are we doing here?" i ask him. he walks inside, beckoning me to follow. gee, thanks for the explanation. we walk into the back room, where cornelius fudge, minister of magic, is already waiting.

"ahh, (f/n), it's good to see you!" he says, shaking my fathers hand, then he turns to me.

"why, the last time i last time i saw you, you were just starting out at hogwarts. you must have a lot of respect, considering your father is the head of the department of magical law enforcement." fudge says to me. i smile warmly, but i hate when people mention that. i haven't told a single person at school who my father is, or that he's one of the next people in line to become minister of magic. suddenly, the door opens. i turn and see harry walk into the room, accompanied by hedwig. what is harry doing here.. but before i can say anything, fudge walks in front of me, followed by my father.

"we should tell you, Mr. Potter, earlier this evening your uncle's sister was located just south of Sheffield, circling a chimney stack. The Accidental Magic Reversal Department was dispatched and she's been properly punctured and her memory modified. She has no recollection of the incident whatsoever," fudge says. wait, what is he talking about? i glance at harry, who's staring at the ground.
"So that's that, and no harm done. Pea soup?" fudge offers harry some of his disgusting-looking soup.

"no thank you," harry says. fudge puts the soup down on a table. then he looks up at my father and i.

"oh, how silly of me! i didn't introduce my companions! this is (f/n) (l/n), head of the department of magical law enforcement," he gestures to my father. "and i believe you already know his daughter." i cringe. i hadn't told harry anything about my family.. harry gives me a surprised look, then turns back to fudge.

"but, minister, I broke the law. Underage wizards can't use magic at home." he says.

"The Ministry doesn't send people to Azkaban for... blowing up their aunts." my father tells him. hold on, for what now?!

"On the other hand, running away like that, given the state of things... was very, very irresponsible." fudge adds.

"'The state of things,' sir?" harry asks. right.. he lives with muggles, so he probably doesn't know about..

"We have a killer on the loose." fudge says.

"Sirius Black, you mean? But what's he got to do with me?" harry says. i'm surprised he knows his name.

"Nothing, of course. You're safe. And that's what matters." my father says.

"And tomorrow you'll be on your way back to Hogwarts. These are your new schoolbooks. I took the liberty... of having them brought here. Now Tom will show you to your room." fudge says, and harry walks out. i follow behind him before my father realizes i've left.