chapter 5: the first task

your pov

i'm walking down a hallway by myself, thinking about things. i hope ron and harry make up soon, and the first triwizard challenge is next week, i hope harry is ready..

then, someone runs up next to me. i look over and see harry, just who i was thinking of.

"(y/n)! i've been looking for you everywhere. you'll never guess what i found out from hagrid." he says anxiously.

"what is it?" i ask. i hope it's something good.

"the first task. it's dragons. fleur and krum already know." he says. what?!

"dragons?! you can't be serious! do you have to fight them?" i exclaim. how is harry going to fight a dragon?

"i'm not sure," he says, pausing for a moment. "do you think i should tell cedric? he's the only one who doesn't know." harry replies. i nod my head.

"it's only fair since all the other champions know," i tell him as we walk outside the courtyard. i look over and see cedric, sitting with some of his friends. "there he is! let's go tell him." harry and i head towards the courtyard entrance, but we're stopped by a hufflepuff boy and girl.

"like the badge?" the boy asks, and i see that his badge depicts Cedric on a bright yellow background. he presses it then it spins and shows Harry on a green background with the words "Potter Stinks" on it.

"oh yeah, really clever." i say, annoyed as harry and i push past them. i thought hufflepuffs were supposed to be nice? we approach Cedric, and his friends hurl off more insults at harry. i glare at them.

"Can I have a word?" harry asks cedric. cedric looks up at him, then me, and stands up.

"Alright." he says, and we walk away from his friends.

"Dragons. That's the first task. They've got one for each of us." harry tells him. cedrics eyes go wide in disbelief.

"Are you serious? And Fleur and Krum, do they...?" he says.

"Yes." i say.

"Right. Hey listen, about the badges. I've asked them not to wear them." cedric says, looking slightly embarrassed.

"Don't worry about it." harry says, walking away. i go to walk after him, but cedric stops me.

"(y/n). are you alright?" he asks me.

"why wouldn't i be?" i reply, looking up at him.

"i really have asked them not to wear the badges." he says.

"i believe you. i just wish they wouldn't. harry doesn't deserve that." i say, looking over at his friends who are still laughing at harry. honestly.

"i know, i'm sorry. i'll-" he's cut off by shouts from the other side of the courtyard.

"You're a right foul git, you know that?" i turn around to see harry confronting ron on the other side of the courtyard. oh no. this isn't good.

"You think so?" ron replies. i have to do something..

"sorry ced." i tell cedric and hurry over to the boys.

"I know so." harry says. i grab his arm, trying to make him walk away.

"harry. let's go." i tell him, he needs to calm down, yelling at ron isn't going to help anything. but he doesn't move, and keeps his glare directed at ron.

"Anything else?" ron asks him, looking more sad than angry.

"Yeah. Stay away from me." harry says.