chapter 6: the truth

your pov

as we mourn over buckbeak's execution, ron suddenly drops his rat.

"He bit me! Scabbers!" ron says. scabbers runs away, ron follows after him.

"Ron. Ron!" i say as harry, hermione and i chase after him.

"Scabbers, come back!" he says.

"Wait!" hermione yells as we chase ron over a hill to.. oh no. the whomping willow.

"Scabbers, you bit me!" ron says as he picks up his rat.

"you all do realize what tree this is?" i say.

"That's not good. Ron, run!" harry yells. ron looks up at us, terrified. he points behind us.

"Harry, (y/n), Hermione, run! It's the Grim!" he exclaims. we turn around to see a huge black dog charging towards us. isn't this just amazing. but the dog leaps over us, heading for ron. he grabs ron by his leg, dragging him towards a hole in the base of the whomping willow.

"Help!" ron shouts.

"Ron! Ron, wait!" hermione yells. harry dives to grab his hand but it's too late, ron disappears into the giant tree.

"Ron!" i scream. we have to help him, we can't just leave him.. suddenly, the whomping willow swings a branch right into us, knocking us back onto the ground. harry grabs my arm, helping me stand. i grab hermione's hand and we all charge toward to hole in the tree.

"Come on!" harry yells.

"Move!" i shout as branches fall in between us. we get out of the way just in time.

"Duck!" hermione says, and her and i drop to the ground, but the tree catches harry, knocking him back. another branch comes flying at hermione and i, and i manage to jump over it, but the tree grabs hermione, swinging her around in the air. i see harry, laying on the ground.

"Harry!" i shout, running over to him. i grab his hand, helping him sit up. he grabs his glasses, which are now broken. then, a screaming hermione holding onto a branch flies past us, grabbing harry's shirt, and harry doesn't let go of my hand as hermione pulls us along and we get swung around by the whomping willow. when we reach the hole, hermione lets us go, and harry and i go tumbling down into the hole. harry falls in before me, and i land on top of him.

"Oh, I'm sorry." i say, quickly getting up.

"D-Don't worry." harry says looking down. then hermione falls down into the hole as well, and i grab her arms so she doesn't slam onto the ground.

"thank you, (y/n)." she says. i nod, then we turn to look forward. there's a dark tunnel.

"Where do you suppose this goes?" hermione asks.

"I have a hunch. I just hope I'm wrong." harry says grimly as he walks down the path.  hermione and i follow, and we eventually get to a trapdoor. as we push ourselves through it, and i think i recognize where we are.

"We're in the Shrieking Shack, aren't we?" hermione says.

"i think so." i reply.

"Come on." harry says, and i grab his hand. i might be a little nervous.. we walk up the stairs, and i can hear ron groaning. we turn, walking into a room, where ron is sitting on a bed.

"Ron." harry says.

"Ron!" You're okay." i say, running over and giving him a hug.

"The dog. Where is it?" harry asks.

"It's a trap. He's the dog. He's an Animagus."ron says, and i don't think i need to ask who. we slowly turn around, and standing in the corner is none other then sirius black. hermione steps in front of harry.