A family legacy

your pov

As we finally exited the train, a huge man with a thick beard beckoned to everyone, holding a lantern.

Right, then! First years! This way, please! Come on, now, don't be shy! Come on now, hurry up!" He yelled. I followed Harry and Ron as we headed over to him.

"ello, Harry." The huge man says once we're nearby.

"hi Hagrid." Harry answers. The man seemed even bigger up close. He has to be at least eight or nine feet tall.

"You know him?" I whispered to Harry.

"Yeah. That's Hagrid, the Hogwarts groundskeeper. He bought me my owl." Harry explained. Ron leaned over to us.

"Is he half giant or something?" He asked.

──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

We stood outside of the Hogwarts great hall with the rest of the first years, waiting to be escorted in. Eventually we're greeted by a stern looking woman with spectacles and gray haired tied into a tight bun.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. I am Professor Mcgonagall. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup-"

"trevor!" A boy with a round face who I assume is Neville cried out as he caught his toad. The professor gave him a look while a few students giggled, Myself included.

"The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." Mcgonagall said airily before walking away.

"She seems a little scary." Ron whispered to Harry and I.

"Agreed." I replied.

"It's true then, what they're saying. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts."

I turned around to face Draco and the other two boys he was sitting with on the train. Ugh. He looks smug.

"This is Crabbe and Goyle. And I'm Malfoy...Draco Malfoy," He said. i rolled my eyes and Ron snickered. Draco overhears, turning to Ron, the smug smile on his face just seconds ago wiped away.

"Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair, and a hand-me-down robe? You must be a Weasley." He spat out Ron's last name like it was something nasty. Ron's face turns red, and he steps towards Draco. This is why I can't stand Draco. He thinks he's all that because he comes from a respected pureblood family, which just isn't true. I think all of that blood business is idiotic.

"shut up Draco." i retorted. He looks over at me.

"Defending a weasley? Father was right. You are an embarrassment." The contempt in his voice is like a slap to the face. His father called me an embarrassment? He's an even bigger jerk than I thought.

"Well, you'll soon find that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. Don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." Draco smirks, extending his hand to Harry.

         "I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks." Harry said coldly. Draco's smirk is wiped clean and he looked shocked. He took back his hand, glaring at the three of us before walking away.