chapter 13: the third floor

your pov

i'm walking In the outdoor courtyard with harry ron and hermione. we all just finished our exams. i didn't do to bad.. i think.

"I've always heard Hogwarts' end of the year exams were frightful, but I found that rather enjoyable." hermione says. ron rolls his eyes.

"Speak for yourself. All right there, Harry?" harry is touching his scar.

"My scar. It keeps burning." he winces.

"It's happened before." i tell him.

"Not like this." he replies.

"Perhaps you should see the nurse. (y/n) can take you." ron says, nudging harry. harry ignores him. that was weird.

"I think it's a warning. It means dangers coming. ow!" He rubs his scar and then he sees hagrid across the field. "Oh. Of course!" he runs toward hagrids hut.

"What is it?" hermione asks harry as we run after him.

"Don't you think it's a bit odd that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon, and a stranger shows up and just happens to have one?" harry answers. "I mean, how many people wander around with dragon eggs in their pockets? Why didn't I see it before?" harry stops when we reach hagrid. he looks up at him.

"Hagrid, who gave you the dragon egg What did he look like?" harry asks him.

"I don't know. I never saw his face. He kept his hood up." hagrid says.

"The stranger, though, you and he must have talked." i ask hagrid, i see what harry is getting at.

"Well, he wanted to know what sort of creatures I looked after. I told him. I said, 'After Fluffy, a dragon's gonna be no problem.'" hagrid replies.

"And did he seem interested in Fluffy?" harry says.

"Well, of course he was interested in Fluffy! How often do you come across a three headed dog, even if you're in the trade? But I told him. I said, 'The trick with any beast is to know how to calm him. Take Fluffy, for example, just play him a bit of music and he falls straight to sleep.'" hagrid answers, we all gape at him. hagrid unknowingly told whoever is trying to steal the stone how to get past fluffy..

"shouldn't have told you that." hagrid says guiltily. we all take off running.

"Where you going?! Wait!" hagrid shouts behind us. we run to McGonagall's classroom. we come tearing in and run up the aisles between desks. we stop right in front of her.

"We have to see Professor Dumbledore, immediately!" harry says to her.

"I'm afraid Professor Dumbledore is not here. He received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and left immediately for London." she replies. this isn't good..

"He's gone?! Now? But this is important! It's about...the Philosopher's Stone." i tell her, hoping she can help us. McGonagall looks shocked.

"How do you know-" she starts to say, but harry interrupts her.

"Someone's going to try and steal it." he says.

"I don't know how you four found out about the stone, but I can assure you it is perfectly well-protected. Now would you go back to your dormitories? Quietly." she says sternly. we leave. as we're walking down the hallway, harry explains his thinking.

"That was no stranger Hagrid met in the village. It was Snape, which means he knows how to get past Fluffy." harry says.

"are you sure it's snape? it could be anyone." i tell him.

"i'm positive. remember his leg?" he tells me. yeah, i guess that makes sense..

"And with Dumbledore gone-" hermione starts to say, but Snape suddenly appears behind us.

"Good afternoon. Now, what would three young Gryffindors such as yourselves be doing inside on a day like this?" snape says.

"Uh...we were just..." hermione stutters.

"You want to be careful. People will think you're... up to something." he says before walking away.

"Now what do we do?" hermione says once snape is gone.

"We go down the trapdoor. Tonight." harry answers.

~time skip~

it's Nighttime In the Gryffindor Common Room. harry, ron, hermione and i come down the stairs and begin to walk across the floor. we stop when we hear croaking. is that..

"Trevor." harry says.

"Trevor shh! Go, you shouldn't be here!" ron whispers to the toad. i roll my eyes.

"ron, that toad can't understand a word you're saying-" i'm interrupted by Neville appearing from behind a chair.

"You're sneaking out again, arent you?" neville says to us.

"Now, Neville, listen. We were-" harry starts to say.

"No! I won't let you! You'll get Gryffindor in trouble again! I-I'll fight you." neville interrupts, holding out his fists.

"Neville, I'm really, really sorry about this..." hermione says, taking out her wand "Petrificus Totalus." Neville is frozen and falls backwards onto the ground. Hermione puts her wand back.

"hermione!" i exclaim. "what did you do?!" poor neville, he didn't deserve that.

"i just petrified him. he'll be back to normal soon enough." she answers. Ron gulps.

"You're a little scary sometimes...you know that? Brilliant, but scary." he tells hermione.

"Let's go," harry says. we all apologize to neville as we walk by and exit the common room. we walk under the invisibility cloak through the corridor.

"Ow! You stood on my foot!" hermione whispers.

"Sorry." ron says before pushing harry into me.

"ow!" i whisper-shout.

"ron! what are you doing?" harry whispers to him, he's a little pink. ron snickers quietly. what's been going on with ron lately? he's been acting really weird.. then A flame lights. Hermione draws out her wand and points it at the door.

"Alohomora." she says. The door opens and we go in.