chapter 4: quidditch

your pov

"good afternoon class." madam hooch says.

"good afternoon madam hooch." the class replies. i'm standing next to harry and ron and across from draco.

"Good afternoon, Amanda, good afternoon. Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick. Come on now, hurry up. Stick your right hand over the broom and say, up!" madam hooch says to the class.

i confidently say "up!" and my broom flies into my hand first try. i've flown before, my mother played quidditch when she was at hogwarts, i got my first broom when i was 3. i look over at harry and he has his to. so does draco. i see hermione struggling with hers, and just then, rons broom smacks him in the face. harry and i laugh.

"shut up you two." ron says starting to laugh as well.

"Now, once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it. And grip it tight, you don't want to be sliding off the end. When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment, and then lean forward slightly and touch back down. On my whistle...3...2.." as hooch is about to blow her whistle, nevilles broom starts to fly up.

"mr-mr longbottom." hooch calls out to him, but it's obvious neville has no control of his broom. he starts flying all over the place, until his robes get caught on a statue. but then his robes rip, and he falls to the ground. we all rush over to him.

"is he alright?" i ask madam hooch.

"oh dear. it's a broken wrist," she says as she helps neville to stand up. "Everyone's to keep their feet firmly on the ground while I take Mr. Longbottom to the hospital wing. Understand? If I see a single broom in the air, the one riding it will find themselves out of Hogwarts before they can say, Quidditch." she takes neville and walks away. draco laughs, and i turn to see him holding nevilles remembrall.

"Did you see his face? Maybe if the fat lump had given this a squeeze, he'd have remembered to fall on his fat arse." draco says laughing. i can't stand him. harry approaches him.

"give it here malfoy." harry says.

"no. i think i'll leave it somewhere for longbottom to find," draco hops onto his broom. "how about up on the roof?" he flies up higher above the ground. "what's the matter potter? bit beyond your reach?" draco taunts. harry gets onto his broom, but hermione tries to stop him.

"Harry, no way! You heard what Madam Hooch said! Besides, you don't even know how to fly," she says, but he flies off anyway. "what an idiot."

i cant let harry chase after draco alone. i hop onto my broom and fly after them. "give me the remembrall, draco." i say when i've finally caught up to them. he gives me that odd look again, but only for a second, then his cocky smirk is back.

"have it your way then!" he says before throwing the remembrall in the air. harry and i chase after it, and i find myself surprisingly comfortable on my broom. harry and i reach for the remembrall at the same time, and both grab it.

"oh, sorry." i say letting go of the harry's hand holding the remembrall.

"oh it's ok. nice flying." he says, blushing a bit. everyone cheers as we easily land, and i turn to see draco looking.. is that jealousy? but before i can think about it too much, professor mcgongall walks onto the quidditch pitch.

"harry potter? (y/n) (l/n)? follow me." my heart sinks. harry and i follow her inside. well, hogwarts was nice while it lasted. we arrive outside of the defense against the dark arts class. mcgongall opens the door.

"professor quirrell? excuse me, excuse me. could i borrow wood for a moment?"

an attractive 5th year boy walks out of the classroom.

"potter, (l/n), this is oliver wood. wood, i have found you a new chaser and seeker!" mcgonagall says. my jaw drops.