YEAR 4- chapter 1: the world cup

your pov

i couldn't be more excited. tomorrow i'm heading to the burrow, and i'll be going to the quidditch world cup with all of my favorite people! it took ages to convince my father to let me stay with the weasleys, he doesn't like them a whole lot. i have no idea why, they're amazing people, but i don't really want to ask him. when i wake up that morning, i quickly get ready and find my father.

"father, we need to head to the burrow. i don't want to be late." i tell him. he sighs.

"very well. just be careful, when your at the cup. you never know what might happen.." he says. um. ok.. i go back to my room, quickly packing a bag and saying my goodbyes to pilly the house elf.

when i arrive at the burrow, the sun has just barely started to rise. i'm greeted by mrs. weasley, who squeezes me in one of her famous hugs. i say good bye to my father, who takes one look at the burrow before apparating away. i walk inside, and i see george and fred, who both hug me with a smile.

"(y/n)! so good to see you!" george says.

"your boys are still asleep though." fred adds.

"it's good to see you guys too- wait fred, what?" i say, just now realizing what he said.

"oh, nothing." he says with a sly smile. i give him a skeptical look before ginny walks into the room, hugging me.

"hi ginny, how are you?" i say.

"i've been great! hermione got in just before you." she says. right on que, hermione walks over. i hug her tightly as well.

"i've missed you, (y/n), it's nice to see you." she says to me.

"i've missed you too, 'mione. you'll have to tell me all about your summer." i tell her with a smile. then, mrs weasley walks over.

"can someone wake harry and ron? breakfast is ready, and we're going to be late if they don't get a move on." she says

"(y/n) should do it." george says quickly.

"uh, alright." i say hesitantly. why are they acting so weird? i walk up the stairs with a candle so i can see, and slowly open the door to rons room. harry is shaking, and he looks kind of scared..

"Harry!" i say, trying to wake him up. he opens his eyes, still flustered and panicing. "Are you alright?" he recognizes me and starts to calm down.

"(y/n). Bad dream. When did you get
here?" he says, breathing heavily.

"Just now, so did hermione. You?" i reply.

"Last night." he says. i set the candle down on a night stand, and walk over to ron's bed.

"Wake up. Wake up Ronald!" i say. ron wakes up and looks at me, turning red.

"Bloody hell." he says, quickly pulling up his blanket. i hold in my laugh.

"Honestly. Get dressed, and don't go
back to sleep," i tell them, and ron puts his head back down. "Come on Ron! Your mother
says breakfast's ready." i leave, heading back downstairs to eat.

~time skip~

we finally set off, walking through the forest next to the burrow. we're a little bit behind schedule since ron and harry decided to sleep in longer after i woke them up, i'm walking next to them.

"Where are we actually going?" harry asks. i shrug, wondering the same thing.

"Don't know. Hey Dad! Where are we going?" ron shouts.

"Haven't the foggiest, keep up!" mr. weasley yells back to us. eventually, we come into a small clearing and a short man walks up to our group.

"Arthur! It's about time son." the man says, smiling at mr. weasley.