chapter 5: three-headed sentinel

your pov

as i'm walking up the grand staircase with harry ron, and hermione, it suddenly starts to move.

"aahhh!" ron screams. i roll my eyes.

"what's happening?" harry says.

"the stair cases change, remember?" i answer. how could they have forgot? then the staircase stops.

"let's go this way." harry says. he opens a door and we walk into a spooky, dark deserted corridor.

"does anyone feel like... we shouldn't be here?" harry says as we look around.

"We're not supposed to be here. This is the 3rd floor. It's forbidden." hermione answers. suddenly a light comes on, and filch's cat ms. norris comes running in from around the corner. she meows at us.

"let's go." harry says.

"it's filch's cat!" ron says.

"we need to run!" i say and we run down the corridor until our path is blocked by a door.

"let's hide in there!" harry says. i try to open it but it won't budge.

"it's locked!" i say. ron looks like he's about to faint.

"that's it, we're done for!" he says.

"oh, move over!" hermione says, pushing us all out of the way. she pulls out her wand. "alohomora." she casts and the door opens. we run inside.

"alohomora?" ron asks, looking confused.

"standard book of spells, chapter 7," hermione answers. she peeks out of the door. "filch's gone." she says.

"probably thinks this door's locked." ron says.

"it was locked." i respond.

"and for good reason." harry says. we turn around to see him staring a sleeping 3 headed dog. my heart starts pounding, but i notice the dog is lying on a trapdoor. before i can say anything, it starts to wake up.

"AAAHHH!" we all scream, running out of the room and back to the gryffindor common room.

"What do they think they're doing?? Keeping a thing like that locked up in a school." ron says, out of breath.

"You don't use your eyes, do you? Didn't you see what it was standing on?" hermione says.

"I wasn't looking at its feet! I was a bit preoccupied with its heads. Or maybe you didn't notice, there were three!" ron almost shouts.

"It was standing on a trap door. Which means it wasn't there by accident. It's guarding something." i say, wondering what it could be.

"Guarding something?" harry says, sounding confused.

"That's right," hermione answers. "Now, if you three don't mind, I'm going to bed before any of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed... or worse, expelled!"

ron stares at her. "She needs to sort out her priorities!" he exclaims. harry nods.

"shes actually a really sweet girl once you get know her." i say.

"i'm not sure if i want to." ron replies. i give him a look.

"well i'm going to head off to bed as well. goodnight you two!" i say with a smile.

"goodnight!" harry and ron say back.