Chapter 9 - Insecure

My eyes started to water and I quickly dried the slowly forming tears. Tom walked up behind me.

"Hey, y/n, what happened?" The concerned tone made me even more emotional and I broke down crying against Tom's chest and he hugged me tight.

"What happened, honey?" He whispered in my ear.

"The comments." I managed to say through hiccups.

"Don't care about them, they are just jealous 'cause they aren't as beautiful as you." He put a finger under my chin and lifted my head up. I still had tears streaming down my face and he wiped a tear with his thumb. I smiled weakly and he smiled back at me.

"I love you, and I've done nothing to deserve a girl like you."

"I love you!" We kissed and I then went to bed.

*time skips a few hours*

I had gone to bed, but I couldn't sleep. I was still thinking about the comments. I have always been insecure about my body and now they only proved me right.

Tom came into the bedroom and laid down beside me. He put an arm around me and I immediately felt better. His presence was like a protective shield for me.

"Are you sleeping yet, honey?" I shaked my head and he kissed my neck. I was tired and I fell asleep in his arms.

*the next morning*

I woke up and got into the shower. When I was done, I blew my hair and looked into the mirror. I felt fat and ugly, the longer I looked the uglier I felt. Why did Tom want me? Maybe he didn't? I started overthinking and my eyes started to water again. What if he left me? Why would he want someone so ugly as me? I sat down on the floor and tears ran down my cheeks. I suppressed my sobs so Tom wouldn't wake up.

Just when I managed to control my crying and stood up I heard Tom waking up. I wiped my eyes and tried to hide the fact that I'd been crying for at least ten minutes, but it was no use. Tom knocked on the bathroom door.

"Can I come in darling?" He asked. I pulled myself together and tried to sound as normal as I could, I called back.

"Not right now." But my voice cracked a little and Tom turned the doorknob. He came into the room and saw my swollen, red eyes. He didn't say anything, he just walked over to me and took me in his arms. I had thought that there were no tears left in my eyes, but they started to flow again against Tom's bare chest. He let me cry.

After a while I eventually stopped crying again.

"What happened, honey?" Tom asked with concern.

"Nothing, just too many thoughts."

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I nodded. We walked out to the kitchen and sat down at the table. I told him everything I felt right now and how I felt about the comments from the live yesterday.

"Y/n, I love you and you are beautiful! I would never leave you, I don't deserve a girl like you." I hugged him and we ended up on the sofa watching home alone.

*time skips till nightfall*

We were on a walk with Willow and I decided to take a picture of Tom and post on Instagram. Since our talk earlier I had had much more confidence. Tom always made me feel like a better person.

~Remember that you are beautiful!❤️~