Chapter 23 - Guilt

Y/n was still doing tests and Mrs y/l/n had calmed down and waited in the lobb. My cheek was still burning from her hard slap. She wasn't wrong though, it was my fault that y/n was hurt. If I just hadn't walked over to her that day in the café, we wouldn't have spent the night together and we wouldn't have been in a relationship right now. And if we wouldn't be in a relationship now, she wouldn't have driven that car angry and gotten in the car crash. It was all my fault, maybe I should just leave her alone, she would probably be happier without me. No more cameras flashing everytime we go out, no more doing things we know we shouldn't do, no more secret little rendezvous. But then, all the good times. Ice skating at Christmas, the beach that day, our road trips when we sang so the whole city could hear us, our pillow fight on valentines day, dancing in the rain. Since we met, my life has been so much better. She has probably saved my life, she and Willow. But am I good for her? Is she happy with me?

"Mr Felton, your girlfriend just woke up again. Do you want to see her?" A woman said, I stood up and looked at Mrs y/l/n. She hadn't reacted. I nodded and followed the woman into y/n's room. She had much lighter skin than usual and her gaze was dimmy, like she didn't really see.

"Why does she look like that?" The panic in my voice was very distinct. "What have you done to her?"

"Calm down, she is still affected by the sleeping draft we gave her. She will be normal soon." I sat down beside her bed and took her hand, it was stone cold.

"Darling, I'm here. Everything will be okay!" Tears ran down my cheeks, I didn't care to wipe them away. I heard the woman leave the room, but I didn't turn around to see her go. I just sat there and looked at her. It might have been only seconds or for hours, I didn't know.

Y/n jerked awake and she started to shake. Her whole body was shaking and the monitor showing her heartbeat went crazy. I pressed the red help-button and doctors immediately came running in.

"Sir, you have to leave, we'll handle her." A man said and tried to ushur me out the door.

"Y/n! No, please!!" I screamed. Hands grabbed me from behind and they managed to tackle me to the floor. "Y/N!!! Y/N!!!"

"Sir, calm down!!" I kept struggling. From inside y/n room I could hear shouting.

"Load 300, clear! Again, 400, clear!" I had seen too many movies to not know that sound. Her heart had stopped and they tried to start it again.

"Tom, calm down. They will save her." A soft voice said and a person sat down beside me. Ash's dark brown eyes looked deep into mine. I stopped struggling and they let me go. I couldn't stand up, my body was shaking with all my sobs. I had hard to breathe and tears streamed down my cheeks. I looked at Ash. They took my hand and helped me to stand up. I sat down on a couch and placed my head in my hands. I tried to take deep breaths and calm down, but the voices from y/n's room still rang clear in my head.

"What happened mate?" Ash sat down beside me and put their arm around me.

"She was asleep and then she just jerked awake and started to shake. Ash, this is all my fault!!" They just hugged me hard and tried to comfort me.

"It is not your fault Tom. This could've happened to anyone, now it was unfortunately y/n. She will make it, she is strong."

~Your POV~

Pain was flowing through my body. I was shaking and I could hear shouts around me. Suddenly everything stopped. The pain was gone, the shouts stopped. I could feel everything, but nothing. I could move, but I was still ridged. My thoughts stopped and everything was quiet. 

~I am so sorry for this cliffhanger!!~