Chapter 21 - The Hospital

"Mr Felton, I have something to tell you about your girlfriend y/n." A man in a white coat said with a serious face. My eyes started to water once more.

"Is she alive?" My voice was shaky and it broke. I gathered myself for the worst.

"Yes, she is alive and she will make it. She is very strong." Relief flooded through my body and a small smile appeared on my face. She was alive! "But she will have a hard time recovering, she broke one of her legs and her spine is very fragile. It will take at least three months for her to even get out of a wheelchair."

"Can I see her?"

"Yes, but she isn't awake yet. Follow me." He turned around and walked through a door. I followed him and saw y/n laying on a hard hospital bed. She had a blue hospital coat and she had a lot of bandages. A chair stood beside her bed and I sat down. I took her hand and squeezed it a little. She looked so fragile.

"I'm here now y/n, I'm here." I whispered and tears ran slowly down my cheeks.

"Tom?" Her lips barely moved. Her eyes fluttered open and a tear escaped from the pit of her eye. I squeezed her hand a little harder and leant closer to hear her. "I can't... I can't move my hand."

"I'm gonna get a doctor, okay?" She slowly nodded and I stood up. I walked out to the corridor and called for a doctor.

"Doctor! I need a doctor in here!!" The same doctor from earlier came running when I called. "She is awake." He followed me in and looked at a monitor. Her heartbeat had sped up and her eyes looked from me to the doctor.

"I can't move, I can't move my body." She said again and more tears appeared in her eyes. I wiped them away with my thumb and kissed her head. A furrow appeared on the doctor's forehead.

~Your POV~

"Try to move your hand, just a little bit is enough." The man in the white coat said. I tried again and again, but I couldn't move it.

"I can't!" My voice broke. My whole body felt numb. Tom sat down beside me and took my hand again, I felt him, but I couldn't squeeze his hand back. I tried to lift up my head to look at him, I couldn't even do that.

"Here, let me help you." Tom carefully lifted my upper body and pushed some pillows behind me so I could see the room clearly. It looked too clean, everything was white and it smelled weird.

"How long have I been unconscious?" I only remembered driving way too fast and that a black car had hit me and everything had gone dark.

"A few hours, we were very close to losing you for a while." The doctor said with a serious expression.

"Will I... will I be okay?" My voice shook and more tears escaped from my eyes.

"It will take time, but you will completely recover."

"Okay, has someone told my family yet?" I looked at Tom and he shook his head.

"We can call them together after you get rest darling." A was able to nod a little and I closed my eyes. All the meds and drops that were injected in my arms made me go dizzy and I soon felt myself drift off to an uneasy sleep. 

~I know it's short, but the next one will be longer!~