Chapter 24 - Is this real?

My mom called from downstairs.

"Y/n! You are late for work again!!" I opened my eyes and looked up into my bedroom ceiling. I sat up and stared around in my room. It was a room I recognised very well, but I hated it. It had pink walls and was very childish. I got up from the bed and got out in the hallway. It was my childhome. But how? The last thing I remembered was me laying on a hospital bed and hearing Tom shouting my name. A tear ran down my cheek. Had it all been a dream? I walked down the stairs and my mom was in the kitchen looking at me with a weird look.

"What is happening mom?" I was starting to freak out. Everything had felt so real. The dancing in the rain and our long nights.

"What do you mean honey? Everything is normal." I noticed that she was making breakfast, she had never cooked in her whole life. This was not normal.

"I had a very weird dream..." I said carefully.

"What happened in it?" Her voice was way too sweet. She had never been mean to me, but never this kind.

"It just felt so real." She walked over to me and gave me a hug. This hasn't happened since I was like ten. I pulled away from her and looked at her. Her expression was worried.

"Are you okay y/n?" I shook my head and more tears ran down my cheeks.

"I need to find him, I can't lose him mom."

"Who?"

"Tom."