13-Hogsmeade Part 2

Above is a picture of natroze.tumblr.com's fan art of Leo being utterly overwhelmed at his choices in Honeydukes.

Wow this is one of the shortest chapters in this book, only a bit more than 1000 words, I must've been half-asleep or something.

Leo's POV

Fred grinned and led us on, "See here, this is our most popular product, Weasley's Wildfire Whiz-bangs."

The twins showed us a huge shelf full of firecracker related things. A big banner reading something like Explosive Enterprises, was floating near the ceiling, looking extremely festive.

"A few years ago," George explained, "we set off our entire stock in Hogwarts. Totally worth it. We had this horrible toad for a DADA teacher."

"She made students who misbehaved carve words onto their own hands over and over again," Fred said. "We were her V.I.P. visitors."

I slowly realized that they weren't talking about an actual toad.

"Carve words onto our hands?" Percy asked, horrified. I was glad all Chiron did was make you do dishes for a month.

"Yeah," Fred said, "ours have healed, but they were very painful. She used Dark Magic on those quills. If you write with them, whatever you write gets carved onto your hand."

"Harsh," I said, while taking a few Whiz-bangs.

"They can't be removed with the Vanishing Charm or the Stunning Spell," George said proudly, pointing to the fireworks I'd taken. "They eventually die out, or if you use other explosive spells on them. That makes them explode into black powder and can sometimes blow you backwards."

"You really have some awesome stuff here," Nico said. "You guys made all these yourselves?"

"Yep," Fred and George said. "Thanks to Harry Potter, we got the money we needed to make them."

"Harry Potter?" Annabeth said. "I didn't know he would give away money like that."

Fred and George cocked their heads, "And why not?"

"He doesn't seem very nice," she said.

"Really?" they said.

"Yeah, he and Ron kept accusing us of things. Being Eaters of Death and stuff," Nico said.

"That's very unlike them," George said. "Our brother might, but Harry? Are you sure we're talking about the same person?"

"Yes," Annabeth said, "we're sure. The Boy Who Lived."

"That really is unusual behavior for him," Fred scratched his head, "anyway, on with the tour."

They showed us a ton of other stuff.

"Our store at Diagon Alley is much bigger than this," the twins said, "you should go there sometime."

"Of course," Percy said. "We'll use these Puking Pastels to skip class and we'll go there on Monday."

"Good plan," Nico and I nodded.

"Which class?" Thalia asked. "First class on Monday would be DADA or something."

"Yes it would be DADA," Annabeth confirmed, "but—"

"Hm," Percy said, "we can't all get sick. How about Leo and I throw up first. Then in the next class Thalia and Nico can go."

"Is that too suspicious?" Thalia wondered. "The students I mean, they might notice."

"Well what can they do? They won't think we're out of Hogwarts," I said.

"Good point," Percy said. "Are we both going to throw up at the same time?"

"No, not the same time," I replied. "Like you barf first, then I barf a few seconds later."

"Okay," Percy said.

Annabeth interrupted our elaborate plan to skip class. "Percy, you can't skip class. You have to teach."

"What!" Percy moaned.

"We have to teach two Physical Combat classes. One after breakfast, and another after lunch."

"Aw come on," Percy said. "Can you teach it by yourself? Or have Jason do it!"

Jason recoiled, "Whoa dude, I'm not teaching your class."

Annabeth considered this, "Well, you do know some Roman techniques of fighting."

"You're considering this?" Jason asked, scandalized. "What's wrong with you?"

"You're right, I can't have those four going to Diagon Alley by themselves. They'll go crazy, spend all their money, and won't return until December. I should go with them, then you and Piper can teach."

"What?!" Piper protested. "I can't teach!"

"You want to throw up Annabeth?" I asked.

"There's more ways to skip class," Fred and George said. They led us to another shelf, "This is the full collection. What you saw downstairs was only a small portion. These are Skiving Snackboxes. There are Fainting Fancies, Fever Fudges, Nosebleed Nougats, Puking Pastilles, Greenface Gobstoppers, and Snot Sweets."

"Wow," I said. We each got one Snackbox. Even Jason, Annabeth, and Piper.

Once we'd finally toured the whole store and paid for our stuff (Annabeth made sure we didn't get anything unnecessary), we set out for Honeydukes. Piper and Jason had agreed to teach for those two days, as long as they got 15 drachmas each. Percy was already in debt, but it was all for a good cause.

"I heard there's hundreds of types of candy!" Percy said excitedly.

"But you guys have already eaten so much from the train!" Annabeth protested. "You could barely sleep that day with all the sugar in you."

"Then let's not sleep for another day," Percy said.

"No, wait, you can't do that," Annabeth said.

But we had already arrived at the candy store.

"Whoa..." I said. Our eyes got big.

It was competition as to who could carry the most candy. The shopkeeper stared at all of us without looking away. She was probably making sure we didn't steal anything.

Percy dumped his stash on the counter, "Hold on, I'm not done."

Annabeth and Jason kept trying to tell me to not take too much, that I'd be too hyper and start zooming around Hogsmeades like a bullet with all that sugar in me. Piper seemed to want to charmspeak me into stopping, but didn't want to take advantage of my innocence.

Draco Malfoy came into the store and stared at us openmouthed, "You guys...sure love candy."

"I would marry it," Nico said.

"But that would be bad, eating your own wife," Draco said. His eyes were still flitting around at us, taking in all the sweets we were taking.

"Then I would..." Nico apparently couldn't think of anything to say, because he just said, "then I would eat it."

The amount of candy Draco bought was minuscule compared to ours. He got a single little bag.

"I think you should stop now," the shopkeeper said nervously, "l think I might run out. Please."

I glanced at the small amount of Pepper Imps, "Right."

The shopkeeper did quite a bit of complicated math before saying, "42 galleons, 11 sickles, and 20 knuts."

Annabeth was the one with the money, and she gave the shopkeeper the correct amount.

Percy colored all his candy blue before eating a Bertie's Every Flavour Bean. He immediately spit it out, "Disgusting!! What is this?!"

"It says 'Every Flavour,' " Annabeth said. "Maybe it means every flavor. Even bad ones."

"Well I want a grape," Percy looked inside the box. Then he looked at us with horror, "They're all blue! I can't tell what flavor they are!"

We burst out laughing at his misfortune.