18-Divination and Potions

I just found out that James Potter II (Harry's son) is portrayed by Will Dunn in the movie. He must have been made fun of a lot. Like, Well done Will Dunn

HARRY'S POV (Finally not Leo's)

☆☆ DADA ☆☆

I sat next to Ron on the wooden floor. To our surprise, it wasn't Jackson Jerk and Annabeth who went to the front of the class. It was Jason and Piper. I pointed this out to Ron, who muttered, "Piper's hotter."

"No, Annabeth is—"

"No, Piper—"

"Shut up you idiots!" Hermione hissed.

"Ahem," Jason cleared his throat.

Everyone looked up front.

"Right, so, Annabeth and Percy aren't here because they're, um, visiting America. At a meeting and stuff. They left us in charge. We can still give detentions and take off points though. So be good."

Piper nodded, "We're going to teach you a bit more about fighting someone with a wand."

"Without a wand yourself," Jason added.

"Yes, I was going to say that," Piper rolled her eyes. "Okay, so I have my wand at your throat, you don't have a wand, and nobody else is around. What do you do?"

"Surrender?" someone yelled.

"Stay still?" someone else shouted.

"Flash them your good looks and hope they melt?" someone suggested.

"Um no," Piper said. "They would all work if you don't want to get hexed, but you'd still get captured or have your money taken or whatever. You have to try to fight back, especially if that person if trying to kidnap you."

"But they have a wand at your throat," someone pointed out.

Piper put her hands on her hips, "What is the shortest incantation you can think of?"

That stumped everyone. Hermione raised her hand and said, "The shortest spell that would hurt anyone would be two syllables. I only know one spell with only one. It's Nox, but that's not even a hex or anything."

"Right," Piper said. "If you move the wand away before the person can even speak, you won't even get jinxed. And another thing, if you're going to try it, you should take the wand, not only move it. Their grip won't be very hard, because they won't expect it."

Everyone looked stunned, like they had never thought of that. I had to admit I've never thought about it. I thought if a person had their wand up your throat you'd be dead meat.

"It's different with a knife though," Piper said, "it only takes one little movement to slit someone's throat, and you'd have to grab the handle of the person's hand to do it without hurting yourself. But if you're going to try it with a wand, I'd say only try it if you know you're going to be killed otherwise."

"So now long distance," Jason said. "Most of the time it's both easier and faster to dodge a spell than to say a countercurse or whatever. Because you'd have to know what curse is coming at you, pry your brain open for the countercurse, then fire the spell before it hits you. Spells travel fast. So it's an important skill to be able to dodge it."

Piper nodded, "We're going to have you—"

BLEAAAARGH!!!

Leo had thrown up all over the floor, and he kept vomiting. Smaller than the first, but still barfing.