38-Ravenclaw Tower

4000 word update this time!

I've found out that Tests + Projects = Procrastination = Lots of updates

I didn't edit this chapter very much, so forgive me if it sucks

Nico's POV

A boy who must have been in first year tugged on Piper's sleeve, "Hello?"

Piper looked down, "Hi, do you need something?"

The Ravenclaw bit his lip and said, "I can't get into my common room."

"Oh, we'll help you," Thalia said, only mildly annoyed.

"But that's not it. I heard screaming," he looked panicked. "Lots of it."

Annabeth straightened, "Thank you for telling us."

When we got there, Annabeth tapped the knocker in the shape of an eagle.

The eagle turned and asked a riddle, "There are three rooms. The first is infested with Devil's Snares. The second contains twenty armed and insane Death Eaters. The third is full of dragons who have not eaten in years. Which room is the safest?"

Annabeth thought for only a few seconds, "The third. The dragons have all died from hunger."

"Correct," the door unlocked and opened slightly. Screams and sobbing of both boys and girls grew louder, and a small amount of black mist poured out.

Annabeth looked at the first year, who was still standing there, "Get back," she said urgently. "Like way back. Don't let me be able to see you."

He asked no questions and obediently went out of sight.

Annabeth gestured for me to come forward, "Nico, your sword."

I pulled my Stygian Iron sword out of its sheath. I swiped it at the mist, and it was sucked into my sword. But it seemed endless, more and more black vapor appeared. "I don't think it's stopping," I said.

"Keep trying," Annabeth responded.

I willed it to go faster, and faster it did. "The shadows are six feet high in the entire tower. This is going to take a while."

"Maybe we should just go in," Percy said anxiously. "It's probably just Instant Darkness Powder. He tentatively reached out to the black stuff, but Annabeth slapped his hand back, shooting him a dirty look.

When Leo lobbed a small fireball at it, the fire died almost instantly. "It's like that dude Clytius," he observed.

Annabeth cursed in Greek, "Would be nice if Hazel were here. Nico, how about this. What if you control it? Like move it so there's a path?"

"I'll try. But once I'm done, we better run fast, I wouldn't be able to hold it for long."

I raised my Stygian Iron sword and put all my strength into it. I imagined all the dark vapor moving to the side. Beads of sweat popped up on my forehead. I felt like Sisyphus pushing that rock up the mountain. I felt something strange in the girl's dormitory. I made the path lead there. The screams lessened a great deal. Once I sensed that I had succeeded, I gasped out, "Go."

We sprinted through the door. I was horrifed by what I was seeing. My eyesight was better than most people's in the dark. Ravenclaws were either stumbling around blindly or on their knees and screaming. Most of the people had fainted.

I went faster, straining to prevent the shadows from touching us. I leapt over an collapsed Luna Lovegood, trying not to look at her face. She looked thorougly terrified.