31-Leo Becomes FBI

HARRY'S POV

Drew actually had way more injuries than she let on, so Annabeth forced her to go to the Hospital Wing. "I hope you know you've made an incredibly stupid decision to come out here."

The Slytherin just scowled, but followed her orders and left.

Annabeth stared at Drew to make sure she went inside. Then she spun around to scrutinize us, "Hermione told us a bit, but could you fill us in?"

We told her how it happened, and she shook her head, "It's so strange. How could both Dawn and Drew get through the Shield? This doesn't make any sense!"

"You're right it doesn't," Leo grumbled. "But there's still the idea that they were just blessed."

Annabeth shook her head, apparently mystified. Then she said something in another language. Maybe Greek? "That still wouldn't make them be able to get through. The way we set up the Shield, you had to have both mortal and godly blood. And plus, Dawn told us she had a scent that nothing could cover up, which means they have to be demigods."

"Meh," Leo threw a piece of candy into the air and ate it. "Maybe it's nothing."

Annabeth looked thoroughly frustrated, "We need to find out more about Drew's past. She lived in Vancouver, right?"

Leo nodded.

"Then she must have moved to the UK for 6th grade in order to get a letter for Hogwarts. We also know that Wilby was one of her classmates that time. Leo, do you have any idea why she moved?"

"Uh, no."

"Then find out. Or I'll ask her later. I'm going to go check on Isabell to see if her memory's restored yet. Then I'll force her friends Duncan and Kreto to tell me anything she's been doing lately, and see if they've been helping her."

• • •

Back in the castle, Hermione fretted over the Netvor's fate. "What do we tell Hagrid? We can't just say Nico killed it!"

I looked at her exasperated, "That's the least of our worries! How come Nico can Apparate at Hogwarts? And why do the exchange students need to have a private dormitory?"

Hermione ignored me, "I suppose we should wait until tomorrow. Then say we sent it back to Hungary."

"Are you even listening?"

Hermione sighed, "I'm sorry Harry, but there are some things I can't say yet. Especially now that the darkness could be listening."

"The darkness? Hermione, what are you talking about?" Ron threw his hands up in the air.

Hermione muttered something in another language, "I'm really sorry guys, but I promise everything will make sense later. And I really hope you're over your jealousy at Percy, Harry."

"What?" I spluttered. "I'm not jealous!"

"Whatever you say," she said sighing. She reached into her bag, which had an Extension Charm on it, so it could hold an entire painting if it needed to. She pulled out a bottle of Butterbeer, "Oh, forgot about this. Madam Rosmerta gave it to me when some customer left it."

Ron got this eager look in his eyes, "Do you want it?"

Hermione looked at it for a moment, "Well, I'm not really in the mood for it now. You can have it. It should still be good quality; Butterbeer can be stored for a long time in this bag."