47-Guinea Pigs Save the Day

The moment Circe vanished, Reyna barked, "Gather up your comrades and get to the minister's house!"

Funny how she made "comrades" sound like noble people who'd died in battle. She was actually referring to the people who got turned into guinea pigs.

Chris Rodriguez scooped up Clarisse the little shrew, who had been letting out adorable noises and trying to pick up her spear.

Hazel put Katie the mouse and Michael Kahale the turtle into her loose pocket.

Travis pulled out his dangerous bag of tricks and put in Connor and Argus, also guinea pigs. "Don't worry little bro, and um, Argus. I'll keep you safe, just don't touch the land mine in there."

In seconds, everyone was ready to go. Drew and Mitchell had carried Lacy's body to lay against the destroyed truck, with one of the Hecate kids, Magea, who had been killed as well.

Hylla was already racing down the street, "We may only have seconds! Circe no doubt fought us then disappeared so she could weirdly marry this guy while we were out here tired and wondering where'd she gone!"

In unison they all sprinted straight through the door. There were no guards, and the padlocked gate was ripped straight off its hinges by Hylla.

When they neared the door Mitchell said hesitantly, "Um, what about traps—"

Reyna kicked the door open without a second thought. "We have no time for traps."

The place looked completely peaceful, except for the demigods in full battle armor charging through.

They paused at the foyer to decide where to go. The place was huge.

"Did the newspapers hint at anything?" Drew asked.

"No," Chris shook his head, "all it said was that the wedding's today. The reporters are all confused because no other information was ever announced."

"Hazel?" Reyna asked.

"No activity underground, but if Nyx is still here she could be blocking something. Circe's magic could be as well."

Clovis yawned, "Had a dream that they're in the drawing room."

Bella, Artemis's co-lieutenant, stared at him in disbelief, "When did you have this dream?"

"While we were fighting?" he answered, confused.

"..."

"I think Dad was forcing me to sleep or something...so I'd have this dream. He was helping us."

While Bella and Kayla did some more glaring, Travis pulled out the floor plan for 10 Downing Street. He trailed his finger across the path they had to take, "Drawing room's this way."

While they ran, Miranda asked, "Where did you get that?"

"Online," he replied, grinning from ear to ear.

They peeked inside the drawing room. It was empty.

"Hm..." Clovis said. "I was so sure—I mean it looks just like my dream."

"Maybe it was an actual made-up dream," Miranda grumbled. "And you're just really good at dreaming."

Hazel was still looking in, "Hush." They quieted, and after a few seconds she murmured, "I knew it. It's an enchantment. Lou and Crius? Help me."

The two other Hecate kids stepped forward and worked their magic. The three of them gathered at the door and whispered stuff.

The only Apollo healer mended Miranda's broken arm while she muttered something about how she wished Sherman were here.