7-Classes Part 4 and a Talk with Annabeth

Percy's POV

This ginormous guy with a beard was our Care of Magical Creatures teacher.

According to Hermione, he likes to have dangerous pets like a three headed dog, a dragon, and a giant.

Cool.

He was a nice guy though, I could tell just by looking at him.

"Okay welcome new students, we've been doin' things 'bout Blast-Ended Skrewts a few years ago, and we're goin' ter try growin' them again this year. They grow fast, and we need to get bigger cages in a few weeks. And also, I've found out what they eat! Lettuce! Everyone line up!"

We all lined up.

Nobody seemed anxious to have to hold the Skrewt, and I couldn't blame them. They looked ugly and smelled like rotten fish.

When he handed them to the students, they threw them in their cage as fast as possible.

When I got mine, it stayed perfectly still in my palm. It was shaking and looking at me terrified.

I wonder what's wrong with it.

We were all on the floor with our Skrewts in our cages and waiting for the others to finish stuffing them in. Mine went in without protest.

When we were supposed to be putting food in their cages, Thalia threw her Blast-Ended Skrewt at Nico.

He must have sensed it or something, because he spun around and slapped it with his hand. Unfortunately, it held onto his arm, and it had a strong grip.

"Ahhh!!" Nico shrieked, waving his arm around like it was on fire, "Gross! Get it off get it off!"

Then he took out his Blast-Ended Skrewt and threw it at Thalia.

She was expecting it, and ducked.

It smacked Jason in the back of his head. And he kind of overeacted. It's not everyday you have some slimy thing clinging onto your head.

"PIPER GET IT OFFF!!!"

Then Drew threw one in Leo's face. He threw one back, but she ducked, and it sailed over her head onto Draco's back.

It climbed into his robes and he started screaming while everyone laughed.

I decided to join in and threw mine at Thalia.

She threw it back at me ducked. It hit a random Slytherin. She shrieked and threw one at a random Gryffindor.

Soon everyone started throwing it around, most of them still in their cages.

It was Slytherin vs Gryffindor, and everyone was screaming and yelling, lettuce flying everywhere.

"EVERYONE STOOOPPP!!!" Hagrid yelled.

Everyone froze.

"Put them back in the cages," he sighed. "And gather up all these lettuce, they can still eat them."

We did what we were told.

☆ ☆ ☆ Dinner ☆ ☆ ☆

After burning some food under the table, Harry suddenly asked, "Why are you putting your food under the table?"

We looked at each other.

"What do you mean?" I asked slowly.

"You put a slice of bread under the table and didn't bring it back up."

"Stalker much?" I muttered. Seriously, how do people notice me putting bread under the table?

"You're burning them?" Ron asked. He was under the table. Then he came up with wide eyes, "The best parts? Why would you do that?"

"It's part of our religion," Annabeth said matter-of-factly.

Hermione nodded in agreement.

I guess they didn't know much about religion, so they didn't ask anything else.

Harry's POV

I've never heard about religion that involved burning food. I didn't spend a lot of time learning about religion, but burning food? That's just weird.

"What religion is it?" I asked.

"Um..." Percy said, "...Chinese."

"You guys don't look Chinese."

They ignored me, and started having a conversation in Greek, most probably insults at that Jackson jerk.

After we finished dinner, Ron and I played Wizard's chess, while Ginny and Hermione did homework.

After a while, the Americans came.

Annabeth sat down at a table and started doing homework.

"There's soooo much hoooommewoooorrkkk," Percy whined.

"Shut it Seaweed Brain," Annabeth muttered. "There's not that much."

Percy groaned super loudly and slammed his head into the table. "I don't wanna dooooo iiitttt."

"Then don't," Death-Eater-Nico said, "I'm not going to."

Annabeth gave both boys a disapproving look—haha! In your face Jackson!—"You should at least learn some spells, they could be useful."

Wait what? Learn some spells?

(Thalico warning, if you don't like it, skip straight to chapter 9)

"Annabeth," Thalia said, "can I talk to you?" 

"Sure," she said. They went up to their dormitories.

I hope they're talking about how Annabeth is going to break up with Percy.

Third Person's POV

"What is it?" Annabeth asked, once they had closed the door and sat down on her bed.

"Um," Thalia said, "I think I might want to quit the Hunters."

"WHAT? Oh, I'm sorry for that, I was just surprised." She scooted closer, "Can I ask why?"

Thalia sighed, "It might be because of a boy."

Annabeth's eyes widened, "Thalia..."

"I know, My Lady would be so disappointed in me. She'll probably turn me into a bear and kill me. But Annabeth, you're wise, tell me what to do."

The daughter of Athena thought about it, "Who is it?"

"Nico di Angelo."

"Wait, did you say Nico?"

Thalia nodded, giving her an annoyed look.

"Oh, sorry about that...it was just...you guys argue so much."

"I know."

"He likes you too you know, I can tell."

Thalia's eyebrows shot up, "He does?"

"Yes, I'm sure. You weren't very obvious, but he was, definitely."

"Yes!" Thalia pumped her fist and stood up, "Thanks Annabeth!" Then she sat back down, "I'd have to leave the Hunters."

Annabeth took her hand, "Do you like being with the Hunters?"

She stared at the bedpost, "Very much. But...I wouldn't want to live so long while all my friends grow old."

"Well, I don't think Artemis will blast you, since the only reason you joined in the first place was to delay the prophecy."

Thalia smiled, "You're right. I'm going down to find Nico."

"Go get him, Thals."