19-Diagon Alley

Here are some random cookies for everyone! (::) (::) (::) (::) (::) (::) (::) (::) (::) (::) (::) (::) (::) (::) (::) (::) (::) (::) 

Leo's POV

Diagon Alley was awesome. So much better than Hogsmeade, since there were more shops and less organic life forms.

We had already been to Weasley's Wizardry Wheezes. The people who worked there apparently had a lot of people who skipped school to go there, because they didn't even bat an eye when we walked in. I made sure to buy a big present for both Jason and Piper. It was a big decorated box with a bow. If you open it, pie will come out and slam you in the face no matter which direction you dodge to. It was the awesomest thing I've ever seen.

"I feel like we're going to get caught any second now," Annabeth said, looking around the street. The shopkeepers and a few other people were staring at us like aren't you supposed to be in school, immature children?

Annabeth steered us away from Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour and pointed out a pet shop, "There's a pet shop there."

I tried to read the name of the store, "Eyesolp Owl Emporium?"

"I think it's Eeylosp," Thalia said.

"I think it's Syelope," Percy said.

"Does it matter?" Annabeth asked, who looking up at the sign and obviously trying to figure out what it said as well.

"I want a dog!" I said. "It can chase away cats!"

"But there are cats everywhere at Hogwarts," Annabeth protested. "You'll scare them all!"

"Exactly what I want!"

"Yeah, it'll make Mrs. Norris have a heart attack," Thalia nodded. "Last time she nearly caught me coming out of the kitchen at night."

"What?" Annabeth asked. "What were you doing in the kitchens?"

"Nothing," she said quickly. Then changing the subject, "I have to go to the bathroom."

Annabeth stared, "Um, okay."

Thalia left. I wasn't sure whether she actually needed to go, or if it was because she didn't want Annabeth to lecture her for going into the kitchens.

"That's a lot of owls," Percy said, staring at the shop.

We stared at the owls screeching, shifting, and gazing at us with big eyes.

We walked inside. The shopkeeper gave us a weird look but didn't say anything.

"What are you interested in?" she asked. "We have owls, cats, rats, and toads. Along with lots of other items needed for taking care of all kinds of animals."

"I'm looking for a really smart owl," Annabeth said.

"I want two owls and a cat," I said, thinking Piper would want a cat...since she was a witch and stuff.

The woman directed Annabeth to the snowy owls, "Those are especially smart, can find the person you want to send a letter to without the address."

"I want a cat," Thalia said, coming into the shop. "One that can fight."

"Those cats there are fierce and alert," she pointed to a gigantic cage with four cats. A sign in front of them said something like, DO NOT PROVOKE OR FEED.

"Awesome," Thalia said, looking like she was going to provoke them.

The woman told me the kinds of cats and owls that were the most popular, then turned to Nico and Percy, "And would you two like anything?"