16-The Lake and Something Sinister

LEO'S POV

Back in our dormitory, Percy was counting the minutes until his detention with Filch, "2 minutes 30 seconds...2 minutes..."

"Two minutes," Annabeth said, eyes not leaving her book, "you should go down now."

He shook his head with set determination, "I want to go down at the last thirty seconds." Ah, Percy was exactly like me.

Annabeth gave her boyfriend a dull look, "You plan on making it to Professor Flitwick's classroom in thirty seconds? Good luck with that. It's on the third floor, and we're on the 7th."

Percy laced his hands together conspiratorially, "We can slide down the banister. Right, Thalia?"

Thalia nodded slowly, "Right."

"One minute," Percy said excitedly. He was staring fixedly at my phone, which I'd gotten Lou Ellen to power with magic so it would work at Hogwarts.

"What do you think they're going to make us do?" Thalia asked boredly.

"Cleaning something I'll bet," Annabeth said. "That's what Filch's detentions are usually like. And you wouldn't be able to use magic, obviously."

"I can use my powers!" Percy grinned mischievously. "Water can wash everything away."

"Don't you dare," Thalia glared at him. Then she smiled too, "No, you can't. Drew's going to be there, and she would see."

Percy considered this sadly, then brightened, "As long as she's cleaning she won't see anything."

"Well, if you're going to do that," Annabeth said. "You'd better not let anyone notice."

Jason dropped his pencil, her statement pulling him out of Study Mode. "You're encouraging this? What's wrong with you?"

Annabeth gave him a look, "Percy needs time to catch up on his homework. He doesn't know any other spell besides the complicated ones we've learned in class."

"Thirty seconds!" Percy announced, stumbling to his feet. He threw the phone to me and fled out the door, Thalia following closely.

Sighing, Annabeth returned to reading.

• • •

When Percy came back only ten minutes later, I stopped everything and pointed at him, "Okay Perseus Jackson, what did you do?"

He shrugged sheepishly, "I used my powers. And I made sure nobody saw, don't worry."

"And you left Thalia there?" Annabeth asked.

"Oh. Um..."

"Whatever Seaweed Brain, just go do your work."

"Okay," Percy looked happy with himself as he sat down and pretended to concentrate on his textbook, The Standard Book of Spells Grade 1. Percy and Annabeth didn't have to do homework since they were teachers, but Annabeth still insisted that Percy had to do the stuff that we had to do. To be fair.

Thalia came back about an hour later, looking like she wanted to commit murder, "PERSEUS JACKSON!!!"

"Thalia Grace!" Percy yelled back cheerfully.

"PERSEUS JACKSON!" she yelled again, sparks coming out of her hair.

"Thaliaa!"

"Gods!" Annabeth exclaimed. "If you're going to yell at him Thalia, don't yell the same thing over and over. It's very annoying."