Chapter 47

'When I was a little girl, I dreamed of being a hero. A hero the people could look up to in the hard times, like those of old... To be able to fight injustice and heal the wounds of those affected by it. This was my dream, a dream I hoped one day would come true...'

"Okay all done!"

'Even after I thought I'd have given up on achieving my dreams... Even after seeing all the death and destruction the world could bring, I had never truly given up hope.'

Her eyes fluttered open the once dark a cold room now radiated with light and warmth. Like a fire started to burn inside her and radiate throughout her body into the surrounding room. Icy breeze seemed to melt against her skin.

'So this is what it feels to own a Falna? I see, no wonder you were so calm back then...'

"Hey Luna are you okay? You seem to be spacing out..."

Hestia leaned forward to cheek the girl's temperature after she didn't respond. She quickly deduced she wasn't sick so waited for her to come back to the real world. Luna on the other hand was adapting to the new feeling inside her. She felt calmer, stronger and prepared for the challenges ahead. A tearful smile erupted on her face.

"Is everything alright?" Hestia asked placing a hand on her shoulder.

Luna turned a nodded.

"Yes, very much so... It's just strange. All my life I wanted to be a hero and now I finally have a chance to make that dream a reality."

She swung her legs off of the bed and climbing to her feet. In one swift motion she turned her momentum into a bow.

"I promise I won't let you down my Goddess!"

Hestia blushed a little at the girl's enthusiasm. She would be a good addition to the Familia and hopeful that enthusiasm would rub off a little.

"I have high hopes I look forward to seeing your progress."

With that the two head back downstairs into the main restaurant, now that all the patrons had gone about their business it seemed almost dead in comparison, however, this was the hostess of fertility and nothing ever stayed the same for too long.

"Well well well this is a surprise!"

As they exited the stairwell someone seemed to call out to them but Hestia just assumed the it was her imagination and that it was just one of the staff.

"HEY BIG TITS, STOP IGNORING ME!"

Hestia stopped and felt a vein pop in her forehead, she knew that voice and its needy attention-seeking owner. She slowly turned in the direction it came from, her face forcing a smile as her mouth and eyes twitched.

"Aphroditeee... Why the hel... I mean what a lovely surprise?

She clenched her fists behind her back as she looked at the girl at the bar. Her long flowing golden locks cascaded down her back. Her face could only be described as being a work of art as all goddess of beauty were. Then there was her smile. Hestia hated it, the smug grin she pulled when men gathered around her or she'd pick a fight with one of them and get the higher ground.

"I know right! How long has it been? Ten, a hundred perhaps a thousand years? Time does pass quickly when you're immortal after all."

'Shame you haven't fixed that attitude of yours in that time!'

"Umm I'm sorry would you like me to give you two a minute?"

Luna looked to her goddess but Hestia just shook her head.